Friday, January 21, 2011

What Does My Ego Know?

My daughter brought the wedding video over for me to watch Thursday evening. To be quite honest, although I was looking forward to seeing it, I was alittle disappointed knowing I would not be in it much. See, this video was made by her dad - the man I left in 1988. But I was wrong about it all.
~
After I finished watching it I realized that I was able to really enjoy it without being self-conscious about seeing myself. It made it more like being there as an observer. I mean I wasn't completely left out, but let's say I did not get a lot of screen time. I thought about that later and realized that if someone in my camp had made the video, I'd be all over the place. I'm glad I was not. Now I can watch the video and just enjoy it. I don't know why I thought I would miss myself. I mean really, I'm always here.

6 comments:

VioletSky said...

I was once the 'offical' photographer at a family wedding, with the result that I am not in any of the photos. This makes me a little sad, but I also hate to have my picture taken and usually do not like the results so feel very self conscious. I guess I am conflicted. But I remember every minute of being there.

Anonymous said...

You were the star - even if you're not much in the video.

So there!

- Jazz

geewits said...

V,
~~Since it was a family event you should have somehow made a point to be in some pictures. That really is sad. Lesson learned, I hope, even if you hate being photographed.

Jazz,
~~You always make me laugh. I did have fun - the best fun though was our "after party" - although I remember little of it.

Anonymous said...

I like your attitude, ma'am. It speaks very well of you. On the other hand, such graciousness from you doesn't surprise me, either.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, he at least he didn't leave you out all together, did he? (lol)
Years ago I was given a 65th Birthday party at someone else's house and some friends who were here from New York at the time, came to the party and took a lot of pictures....And then, later, sent me copies. I think I was in two pictures and all the rest were of their family....lol! Not even anyone else at the party....!
It makes on wonder, doesn't it?

geewits said...

Ian,
~~Are you running for office or something?

Naomi,
~~Well in my ex-husband's case, I can understand. But what was with your "friends?"