Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Feverish Rationalizations

We have been having incredible weather here. Or maybe I am not using that word correctly. It's probably credible weather for this time of year. But what it really is, is wonderful. I have sat outside on the deck every day, starting on Saturday. Probably Monday was the day I sat out the least because I had a sort of spring cleaning fever. I mopped the kitchen, entryway and my bathroom and mopping is the chore I hate the most. I got a bunch of other stuff done too. So today (Tuesday), I decided I had earned a lazy sunning day. I had images in my head of spending the entire afternoon on the deck listening to the radio, drinking beer and maybe doing some crossword or sudoku puzzles. It seemed like a good plan. At one point, as I was sitting with my eyes closed, I started thinking that I should vaccum the library. Then I thought, "But the weather is so nice, I should do that when it rains." Then I thought, "I could do a blog post about rationalizing chores." Because at that moment, it seemed so obvious that I should just sit there and soak up the sun. But what happened was, I came in and cleaned out and closed up the fireplace:
I also ended up making the whole backyard area nice: tearing out all the dead stumpy stuff from the flower pots, bringing out the 3 flower pots from the garage - plants that somehow made it through the winter in there, and rearranging all the deck and patio furniture. I've always said that I was solar-powered and I maybe that's why I have trouble just sitting in the sun. It seems to give me energy and I need to move around. I did get a lot of sun and after the three prior days of already getting sun, I even used spf 30 on my knees, feet, chest, and nose today. I am loving all this sunshine (we hit 80° today) and feel so energetic, I'm going to go walk on the treadmill now.
~
For XUP:
This is my latest incarnation of what to put on pasta:

6 comments:

Mr. Jazz said...

Thanks Geewits: I'm cooking pasta tonite!

Jazz said...

Pasta tonight? YAY!!!

oh, sorry...

80 degrees and sunshine. How about I move to Texas and I'll be your illegal alien maid and I'll mop your floors, vacuum then head out into the sunshine and warmth.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for dinner! Peppers, onions and tomatoes? What else? The weather has been amazing here, too. This is the first March in the history of weather-keeping that Ottawa has had no snow for the entire month of March. I take credit.

geewits said...

Mr. Jazz,
~~Glad to help. Just had the leftovers for lunch and was even better!

Jazz,
~~Do you do windows?

Xup,
~~They were the Italian style stewed tomatoes, and used a salt-free garlic herb seasoning as well as a smoky red pepper seasoning. Don't forget to toss with parm at the end.
You are one hot chica to keep your whole city warm for a month!

Big Brother said...

I'm all for rationalization and procrastination especially when it come to work. We are also supposed to get really warm sunny weather this long weekend (Jazz will be delighted) 24 to 26 degrees Celsius (75 to 79 F) That's four time the average temperature for this time of year.

geewits said...

Big Brother,
~~Enjoy it!