Thursday, March 25, 2010

Diary of a Mad Man(iac)

I was inspired by Jazz's recent posts from her old journals. I do not have old journals. I have one diary that I kept in 1975. So it covers the last half of 8th grade, the summer, and the first half of 9th grade. It makes me laugh. I thought this entry was particularly stupid:
Here is the total of the entry:
~
WOW!! (That's all I can say.) I had my date with KENNY tonite!! We went to see Tidal Wave & then we went and ate at PAPPY'S. When we got home --HE TOLD ME HE LOVED ME!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I hope he asks me out again!!! Dawn called me. She is BACK. (SHOCK!!) I hope her & Sandy get along good!! (But not too good.) Paula (Sandy's cuzzin.) is down for a week. WOW WOW WOW!!! I can't believe my luck --KENNY JONES!! Well I better go now. SEE YA!!
~
How stupid is that? "He told me loved me, I hope he asks me out again?" Whut?? That's the dumbest thing I ever wrote. And my grammar is appalling. Appalling! "I hope her & Sandy get along good!!" Oh my. That actually hurts my brain. And "we went and ate at" is hideous! And what's with the WEEEEEE thing? What the hell is that? And why did I never want my girlfriends to be friends with each other? Man, I was one pathetic puppy. I hope you enjoyed my August 10, 1975 entry. I may do some more later. Until then, WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

7 comments:

VioletSky said...

This is why I destroyed my journals from 1975. If I recognized the teen me, it wasn't generally welcomed.

Mr. Jazz said...

Your blog shows that your writing skills have greatly improved over the years :-)

Jazz said...

I like the enthusiasm actually! And c'mon, you don't want your friends to get along "too good" because then they might become BFFs and leave you out in the cold. Duh!

See, I know this because I'm still slogging my way through my teenage (I just turned 18!) diaries..

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~But think of all the laughs we could have!

Mr.Jazz,
~~What's worse is that I probably spoke that way, too.

Jazz,
~~Ah ha! I suppose that makes sense on some level. 8th grade level? Congrats on turning 18! WEEEEEEE!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL....Well, you were only
13, right? It seems like something a lot of different 13 year olds might say---Especially about Kenny...lol!
We know so little at 12 or 13.....LOL!

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~14, but it's still ridiculous. I guess it was pretty normal though.

Anonymous said...

Just because a guy tells you he loves you doesn't mean he's going to ask you out again. Sometimes he just tells you that to make you let him feel your boobie. And then if you don't he never calls again.