Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmastime is Here

Wow, my Christmas was just made. Johnny Mathis was just on Leno and did a beautiful medley of "Christmastime is Here" with "White Christmas" with the accompaniment of only a piano. I really loved every second of it.
~
On Sunday, my uphill neighbors with the barky dog that replaced the wall between our houses had a neighborhood open house. I got to see the lady again that pulled the glass out of my foot. I really liked her. She was fun. Mostly I just talked to Carole and her husband. The party ended abruptly when Mr. Uphill Neighbor (the WWII vet) took a nosedive into a wicker chair and got wicker splinters in his face and started bleeding profusely. I'm glad I did not see that. I probably would have cried.
~
I went to the grocery store today and got everything for Christmas eve, Christmas day, and even remembered to get something for a Christmas breakfast. I used to get so caught up with my yearly Christmas party (that was always held a few days before Christmas) that when the actual holiday rolled around, we wouldn't have anything to eat. I'm so glad I'm not doing that party anymore. I was going to start a Christmas Day tradition of making the shrimp boil, but since we are doing the ham thing at My Sweetie's Mom's house, we are doing the shrimp boil with my daughter on Christmas eve. Also, my daughter is going to deliver Meals on Wheels with me on Christmas eve. I'm even going to wear my Santa hat. I'll have someone take our picture. Yes, probably a bartender.
~
I want to wish everyone a very Merry Cristmas. I hope you have a fun and stress-free holiday.
Send your own ElfYourself eCards

12 comments:

VioletSky said...

I was not expecting that at all! So funny!!!

Have a Happy Christmas, Geewits and family.

ticknart said...

Ah, Johnny Mathis, excellent Christmas singer.

To me, though, the sounds of real Christmas will always be The Andrews Sisters with a little Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye thrown in for good measure.

Jazz said...

You can get wicker splinters??? Who knew?

Big Brother said...

LOL that was hilarious. You make a really good elf, maybe there's a new career in for you? Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année Geewits, to you and those you love.

Jazz said...

Oh, and you look really hot in the striped socks...

Anonymous said...

I love how you were the elf.Very clever.Happy christmas to you and your family.I hope to read more of your 'jolly' blog.

Carole said...

I wish I would have seen Johnny Mathis. That is one of my favorite Christmas albums/cd's.

You make the best elf ever!! I showed it to hubby and kids and we were all delighted with what a perfect elf you make.

Have fun tomorrow at MOW. I'll be remembering how much fun we had last week.

Scarlet said...

I think it's sweet that your daughter will join you for MOW. If you look as good in a Santa hat as you do in an elf costume, it'll be a good picture!

Have a merry Christmas eve!!

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~Thanks, you too!

Ticknart,
~~Those are a little too sedate for me. I prefer the more modern (ha ha) 50's versions.

Jazz,
~~Yes, so avoid wicker if you've had too much wine.

BB,
~~Glad you enjoyed it. You should make one with you and Jazz.

Tanya,
~~Thanks for stopping by! Merry Christmas.

Carole,
~~I hope you make an "elf yourself" with your family. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and look forward to the "kids meet!"

Scarlet,
~~Thanks, I hope we have a fun day.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Very Very Merry Christmas To You & Yours! May SAnta be really good to you all....And may the Warmth of The Season, keep you safe and sound ALL year long!

Jammie J. said...

Merry Christmas to you and your Sweetie. I hope it was wonderful. :)

xoxo

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~Thanks! I hope you had a great Christmas

Jammie,
~~Thanks, we had fun. I hope you did too.