Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Good The Bad and The Ugly (part:something)

I had such a good time Wednesday! My new friend and neighbor Carole went with me for Meals on Wheels. We did all the usual stuff and then visited my MOW lady in her rehab facility and I drove her around my old neighborhood. We are both Chatty Cathies and so the conversation never ends. Thanks Carole, that was fun!
~
I got all my "long distance" gifts out on time, and Thursday night My Sweetie and I finished our Christmas shopping and went to Razzoo's for Cajun food. We also finally bought the pet door for between the house and garage. I installed it today, but Barney has not figured it out yet. I knew he would be timid about it, but he will catch on. As long as he's on the litter box side (garage), it's all good.
~
Bill went back into the hospital last week because he skipped rehab and went straight home and that was not a good idea. He's now in the rehab facility and hopefully they will have him back in working order in a month or so.
~
Rehab facilities have very small rooms.
~
Although I send out a decent pile of Christmas cards each year we don't get a whole lot, but this year I've received two Christmas cards from people that I've never sent one to (an aunt and an old friend). What's that all about?
~
I've been in a bad "spinning my wheels" phase where it feels like I'm doing a lot of stuff but not getting stuff done. I hope that goes away. Maybe if I mop my kitchen floor I'll feel better.
~
Tonight on the local news, live, the reporter said, "The police believe that she took her own life and then turned the gun on her children." I burst out laughing and then felt terrible and then I laughed some more. Now that's UGLY. There's nothing like live TV.
~
And now on a lighter note, I have to post my awesome Cristmas card link. Enjoy!

12 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE Jacquie Lawson Cards....They are all so pretty and clever and Unique, of course...I had not seen this one before! THANKS!

That TV Announcement was a bit backwards, wasn't it...lol!

I Hope your Christmas is a lovely one and that 2009 will be The BEST Year Ever!

Anonymous said...

The whole Christmas card thing is sort of dying a slow death, I think -- at least where I am. I used to send out tons and get tons back and then toss them all in the garbage along with big sacks of Christmas wrapping, bows, boxes and wads of tape. Maybe that whole Green Earth thing is catching on??

And what an interesting photo. You're cute as a button (I can totally see you in pig tails). Your friend looks a little scared though. Are you squeezing her too tight? Have you got a gun in her back?)

Carole said...

Thanks for inviting me along Wednesday! I had so much fun with you and Christmastime was the perfect time for a first MOW ride along. I'll be keeping that whole day with you locked away in my treasure chest of memories.

Talk about dyslexic reporting! That would no doubt happen to me if I was a reporter because I talk backwards pretty often. I'm sure that won't make it on the best bloopers show because of the content, but it is quite a blooper!

Great Christmas card link! I did enjoy.

Cycling Goddess said...

Great post! I love days spent with a good friend! tons of memories are created that you smile when you think about it.

I hope Bill gets better soon.

That reporter must be cringing every time he/she thinks about it.

Ian Lidster said...

You've been busy, m'dear. We still do cards with people we don't normally see, but love nevertheless and I still love getting them.

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~Yes I love Lawson's Christmas card. I think I've posted it every year since I started this blog. I do feel bad for that reporter. I'm sure she caught hell afterward, but I still feel bad for laughing so hard.

Xup,
~~I wasn't squeezing Carole. She has the whole "Freze Frame Syndrome" thing that my Mom and My Sweetie also have when a camera comes out. I'll try to catch her with her beautiful smile.

Carole,
~~Thanks so much for joining me! I had a blast!

Urban A,
~~And it's always great when you remember to get a picture of a special outing. I hope Bill gets better too or he can't go home.

Ian,
~~And yesterday I got one from Aunt Shirley. I didn't even have her address and we've never exchanged Christmas cards. I guess this is the year of getting random cards.

geewits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scarlet said...

Jacqui Lawson is awesome! I had forgotten about her site until you posted the link. I'll have to pass it on.

Carole looks like fun. You look great in the photo, btw. I love friends that talk as much as I do and give me feedback and all that good stuff. Not all my friends are chatty, and I appreciate the quiet ones, too, but there's nothing like a good gab, is there?? Especially when beer's involved. :)

Btw, I've received a few unexpected Christmas cards as well. I'm glad I stocked up this year because I'm feeling more festive than ever!!

I hope Bills feels better soon!!

VioletSky said...

I forgot to leave a comment when i first checked in ... think I got carried away with the Jacqui Lawson Christmas card. I usually do, they are such fun.

Right, back to wrapping gifts. I'm not as organized as you - our family gettogether is in 3 hours.

Hope Bill improves.

Carole said...

Gee, "Freeze Frame Syndrome"...that's the perfect name for it! Sounds a lot better than terribly unphotogenic. :) My son-in-law makes a funny face every time a camera comes out, and I think it might be better than the freeze frame syndrome! haha

Jazz said...

Maybe if you mop my floor you'll feel even better! You know good deeds and all...

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~Someone sent me that Lawson link years ago and I watch it every year. Yes, Carole is great fun and we both talk like people that have been locked away for 4 years!

VioletSky,
~~I hope your gathering was fun!

Carole,
~~It's always amazed me how some people's faces just freeze up when a camera comes out.

Jazz,
~~Well, you'll have to sweep first.