Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Be Prepared to Roll Your Eyes

That's the computer that we have connected to the internet. That's where I sit to post on my blog and read your blogs,
That's the computer that I download photos from my camera and do my Photoshop stuff on. (Yeah, I just ended a sentence with a prepostiion but I think southerners are allowed to do that.) Well both of those are PC's. I was a Mac person in the old days. When I used to work, and really I did, I was a graphic artist. (Oh my, I'm listening to a Christmas music station and "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is being sung duetically(??) by Dolly Parton and Rod Stewart and it is giving me brain damage.) Oh, so I was a graphic artist so of course I was all Mac.
~
Anyway, I have this great CD with over 10,000 clip art images and it CAN NOT be opened on a PC - I tried everything! So I set my old Mac G3 up in the former cat room:

Now here's the really stupid part. To access an image, I have to open it on the Mac, save that on a floppy disc, put that disc in my imaging computer, do whatever I want to do to it, save it to a USB memory stick, and then plug that into this computer. So it takes 3 computers for me to do stuff. How stupid is that?

8 comments:

Jammie J. said...

I find that quite daunting.

In fact, I find that I admire you for your perseverance!

VioletSky said...

...and yet you have 3 computers to enable you to do all that. At least they all feel useful in their own limited way. Computers need to feel useful, they get into such a snit otherwise.

Jazz said...

Very stupid. And I was about to add what VS said, you have all the stuff you actually need to open. How many people can say as much...

Oh, and Christmas music hurts my brain too. One of our other offices sent each person a Christmas mix CD. It's being used as a coaster on my desk.

Scarlet said...

You know I'm going to have to You Tube that Dolly Parton/Rod Stewart Christmas song. I can't imagine what they must sound like together!!

Let me tell you, you are one high-tech chick! It's no surprise you were a graphic artist.

Cycling Goddess said...

Wow, all the steps you have to take to use an image :) and they said computers were supposed to help?

I like the spot where you read our blogs, it's nice.

Xmas music hurts my brain too. I cannot bear to listen to the radio most of the time, in fact, never, but I can imagine how grating it would be to have to listen to that one...

geewits said...

Jammie,
~~I guess perseverance can be can confused with stubborness.

VioletSky,
~~And nothing is worse than a snitty computer!

Jazz,
~~You misunderstood. I LOVE Christmas music, but a duet with Rod Stewart and Dolly Parton is like putting green olives and chocolate in your mouth at the same time. Two things that are fine on their own but NOT good together.

Scarlet,
~~I hope you didn't have to hear that song.

UA,
~~I think I'm just stubborn. I really wanted to access those images. And see my comment to Jazz about Christmas music.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

My eyes did roll! Having tasted the Apple, why did you return to the PC?

geewits said...

LGS,
~~That Mac never did well on the internet. I had all sorts of trouble. And then it always crashed when I tried to print out of Illustrator. It's slightly time consuming but it's all good now.