Thursday, December 04, 2008

Apropos of Whatever

Half of the Meals on Wheels people were particularly chatty today and my route seemed to take FOREVER. When I got to the last house with the "special" John Malkovich lookalike, he clapped his hands in glee.
~
When I stopped at my post-MOW bar for my two beers, the bartender told me she was downloading 80's music because Wednesday nights are now "80's Music Night!" and last Wednesday she did not have a lot of songs that were requested. At first I said, "Eeeew, I'm not a giant fan of 80's music." Then I started asking her about different songs and bands and she started taking notes. Who knew I was an expert on 80's music?
~
On my way to that auction place to FINALLY GET MY CHECK, I noticed this nice view of downtown Fort Worth:
This was very interesting to watch:
If they gave out prizes for backing a truck with a 7" clearance, this guy would win first place. The sound of those trees clattering against the passenger side was pretty loud.
~
I've been wearing my watch for a month and it was always 6:30 until today.
~
That jewelry guy must get pretty lonely because we talked forever. I learned a lot about jewelry metals.
~
There has been a lot of information out about how companies are not charging higher prices for stuff, just giving you less product. Not my beer. Now a case has THIRTY CANS. Life is good:
I have to wonder if this rare alignment of Jupiter and Venus is affecting cars:

I must have seen 4 or more cars today with their right wheels on the paint. It was very strange.
~
I call that hardened icky part that comes out of a lotion pump dispenser a "lotion booger."
~
The lady at the catfish place always knows exactly what I want. I like that.
~
I didn't win the lottery again today and was irritated for about 3 minutes.
~
The name of the bank on the check from the auction guy is "Viewpoint Bank." That sounds like a made up TV series bank name. When I go to my bank (a real bank) to deposit it, I'm actually going to ask the teller if that's a real bank.
~
Leonard Pitts, in a recent column about George Bush, used the phrase "reign of error." I thought that was very clever.
~
I've been forgetting to write down my spoonerisms but I did one today. I had already been down the soft drink aisle, then (across the store) the coffee aisle, and could NOT find the bottled Starbucks mochas. I was back on the soft drink aisle when I put both hands on the side of my head and said (out loud): Why are they so fard to hind?!?" Then I blinked and said, "What did I just say (again out loud)?" I'm glad no one else was on that aisle.
~
I've always wanted to coin a great phrase, but let's face it, "lotion booger" doesn't hold a candle to "reign of error."

9 comments:

VioletSky said...

Did you take that starry night shot?

How I wish the stars were so bright in my night sky.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hey, I say "lotion booger" too. I was using Purell hand sanitizer the other day, and announced to the VP at work that I had a "Purell booger" on my arm.

(Don't get me started on mustard boogers, either.)

Jazz said...

1) I'm always in awe of those truck drivers when they're on city streets. Much less so on the highway when I'm doing 75, can't move to the right and am being tailgated by one of them.

2) Me, I like lotion booger. I'm gonna use that one. Reign of error, however, I might never have a chance to use, so lotion booger wins in my book.

Ian Lidster said...

Reign of Error is brilliant, but lotion booger is pretty darn good.

Scarlet said...

I guess you could use the booger phrase for lots of things, like refrigerated condiments and such. Great idea! I'll try to squeeze it into my conversation today. :)

Don't you love it when you go to a restaurant and they know what you want? Margaret down at the Chinese restaurant knows us by name and she knows EXACTLY what I want and how I want it. Love that!

XUP said...

I like the term lotion booger, too, but I dislike lotion boogers. They make the lotion squirt in strange directions. I love this glimpse into the inner workings of your brain. It must be a fun brain to own

Big Brother said...

Lotion booger is a good one... now what would you call the dry crud on the top of the of the mustard squeeze bottle? ;o)

Reign of error pretty much sums it up doesn't it.

Carole said...

I use those germicidal soaps with the soap pump, and today as I began to pump it, and that hard little thingie came out of the tip, I realized it now has a new name...soap booger. Thanks! Ha!ha!

I call those protective covers that you have to peel away from products before using, such as ketchup, and mustard, and sour cream, etc. condiment condoms. So I guess now when you peel off the mustard condom, you often end up with a mustard bogger. :)

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~I got that picture from NASA's Astronomy picture of the day and it was taken over Chile. I did see a spectacular view of it from the airplane on my recent trip. Night sky views are so pure from an airplane. I watched Hale-Bopp for 3 hours out of an airplane window once and it was awesome.

Gnighgirl,
~~Yeah mustard boogers are pretty gross but I call that something else (see below).

Jazz,
~~Well you can always use "reign of error" if you ever have to talk about Dubya.

Ian,
~~And you should know something about the turn of a phrase.

Scarlet,
~~Yay for Margaret. Now I feel bad that I can't think of this lady's name.

Xup,
~~Well one thing about my brain is it keeps me amused. Yeah I hate when you hit the pump and it squirts out sideways.

Big Brother,
~~I personally call that "mustard crusties" and they are certainly as bad as lotion boogers.

Carole,
~~Condiment condoms? That's pretty good. I always think of those as cat toys because I used to have a cat that preferred playing with those more than any cat toy. His ears would actually perk when you pulled one off of something.