Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stupid Wednesday

I had to go to J.C. Penney yesterday to return My Sweetie' s birthday present (a lovely watch that loses time, is not a good watch), so I decided to do some bra shopping. I've said many times that I hate shopping in general, but I really hate bra shopping, which is why I really needed some new bras. However, I do love a bargain. I discovered these Ambrielle bras which are only $28, which is pretty inexpensive as far as bras go, but get this: They were "buy one get a second one for 88 cents!" 88 cents! I know! I was pretty happy to find such a great deal since I woke up stupid.
~
Man did I wake up stupid Wednesday morning. I have my alarm set for the radio to come on and it usually scares the bejeebus out of me, but not yesterday. I woke up groggily thinking, "What is all this noise?" Well this noise was the radio and it had been blaring for 1 hour and 1 minute before I even noticed it. I should know better than to stay up too late on Tuesday nights, but I am stupid like that sometimes. Fortunately, I got ready in plenty of time and left at the usual time. I did feel a little cranky and didn't call the biting dog people, because I was sort of hoping he would run out. It was a little chilly so I was wearing jeans and my suede Rocket Dog shoes which seemed aptly named for sending a little dog into orbit, but he was smart and did not run out.
~
After my route I stopped at the grungy bar that I always stop at for two beers and I usually give her $5 in adavance ($4 for the two beers and $1 tip) and when I reached in my pocket, there was no money. I had left my money at home! Because I woke up stupid. Fortunately I sort of know the bartender. I had to mail my parents' mail to them and didn't want to charge $2.59 at the post office so she let me tip her $5 on my card and she gave me $3 back. I thought that was a good deal for her, but a lot of people won't do that. It was also Catfish Wednesday and that little place didn't seem like they would even accept credit cards, so I called them and they did and I was glad because Catfish Wednesday was actually last Wednesday, but I couldn't eat there last week because of the hand doctor appointment and I wanted my catfish!
~
Then I got lucky with the bras, so that was also good. After that I went by On the Border to ask what happened to the guy that had helped me with my basketball brackets and he had been let go and no one knew how to contact him. I was going to give him $20 for his help, but I don't know how to find him. Besides, I didn't have $20 with me anyway, which I had forgotten, because I woke up stupid.
~
I feel a lot smarter today.

20 comments:

Jo said...

Sooooo, now that you have the attention of all the men on the Internet... *heh* How does the bra feel? That is what is most important to me. If it's not comfortable, I can't wear it. But that was definitely a good deal! Two bras for less than $30.00.

You have a much more interesting life than I do...! :-)

Big Brother said...

There are days like that, hopefully not too often.

geewits said...

Josie,
~~I hate bras! I never wear a bra at home but I was thinking that when I visit Vancouver I will be wearing a bra most of the time so I specifically bought very comfy bras. I don't think my life is very interesting, it's just very dorky.

Big Brother,
~~Yes, I hope not, and I can bet it will be a long time before I leave the house without my cash!

Jammie J. said...

GAH! I hate waking up stupid.

I'm the same way with the radio alarm, usually it scares me awake and it's not that loud. But yesterday, like you, I was drowsy and couldn't figure out what the heck that noise was. Fortunately, mine had only been going for about 10 minutes, which would have been my snooze button...


I'm glad you're smarter today. :)

geewits said...

Jeanette,
~~Yeah, it's better to be smarter.

Leslie: said...

So nice of you to post my photo there in my bra! *giggle*

Oh well, stupid Wednesday's over now and it's one day closer to our meeting and having fun fun fun! :D

geewits said...

Leslie,
~~Yep! 44 days and counting!

Leslie: said...

By the way, an award waiting for you at my blog site. ;D

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Okay, picture of woman with bra. I am now a stunned stupid male. what was the rest of the post about?

mrsnesbitt said...

Came here from leslies blog....you have a dog from hell? WE have 2! LOL!
I hate shopping for bras. Here in UK I always go to Marks & Spencers. The assistant was telling me the music is played so the men sitting outside can't hear the conversations! Would you believe it eh?

Denise

Scarlet said...

This whole post made me giggle, even the words Catfish Wednesday seemed funny to me, but the best line was the one where you planned to send the little dog into orbit using your suede Rocket Dog shoes. LOL

I'm so glad you were able to get through it all w/ a light attitude. I'm sure the beers helped. :)

Tai said...

I wake up stupid waaaaaay to often!

To bad you didn't get to use your shoes!

geewits said...

Lgs,
~~Oh come on, you silly squirrel!

MrsN,
~~I don't own a dog - one of my MOW clients has a mean dog that once bit me. Do the bras in the UK hook from the opposite side?

Scarlet,
~~I'm glad it made you giggle, you can use that right now, right?

Tai,
~~Yes, I was a wee bit let down.

Jo said...

Geewits, I never wear a bra at home either, so what the heck, we can both let the "girls" hang out. It will just us girls, anyway. *heh*

geewits said...

Josie,
~~That sounds like a plan.

Ian Lidster said...

Cute photo. Thanks for brightening my morning.

An observation is that all women hate to shop for bras. I've also read that about 80% of women wear the wrong size bra.

As for clock radios, I can't stand them. I always awaken thinking somebody's talking in the room.

Cycling Goddess said...

geewits ~ I had a day like that yesterday, what a day... :( But I didn't go bra shopping.

I don't have a radio blaring either, it's a nice buzz and then a cat talking to me to wake me up.

geewits said...

Ian,
~~You're probably right about the bra size thing. Oprah did a show about it and I went for a fitting and I was SO off! I think I did a post about it.

Sylvie,
~~And how sad is it that the bra shopping was the good part of my day?!?

Jocelyn said...

So long as your boobs aren't down around your belly button, and you have Rocket Dogs on your feet, you can't be too stupid.

geewits said...

Jocelyn,
~~I like your attitude.