Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And Yet, Again

Yes, we are having weather. AGAIN. But this time it is not about our branches breaking off or our skylights being busted by hail. This one is an airport wait. My Sweetie's aunt and uncle are attempting to get here by plane for the wedding anniversary party and it is not going well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining on my end. You all know I stay up 'til all hours, I just feel really bad for them. The plane was supposed to land at 9:14, then 9:24, then 10:21, then 11:47 and now the latest update says 1:15. They were diverted to Austin, TX and I guess they are just now reboarding or sleeping in their seats or something. It's 11:42 here (I know, my little clock there is on Pacific time, not Texas time) and their plane is currently scheduled to leave Austin at midnight to come back here. It will be only 4 hours late. That's Texas weather for you. That little line in the picture is the diversion route. I really feel bad for them and wish we could pick them up in an RV with two masseuses in it. But since we don't have any of that, I'm taking beer and lemonade.
~
~
~~~~~Addendum~~We just got home at 3:45. I think that's the longest I've ever worn a bra when I wasn't in Vegas (19 hours!!!).

13 comments:

Jammie J. said...

I'm sorry to hear they're having a time of it getting there. It is NOT fun to be stuck on an airplane. Even if you're not prone to claustrophobia, one tends to start feeling that way after awhile. Ugh.

I really hope the weather behaves itself tomorrow. Especially in Chicago, which is where we're flying through.

geewits said...

Jeanette,
~~No kidding, I really feel for them. I bet they will be so happy to land here. It's almost 12:30 am here and I'm hearing planes like crazy (I live by the airport) and don't usually hear them this time of night so they must be bringing everyone in. It will be weird to be there at 1:15 in the morning and see it crowded. Good luck on your flight and have fun at the wedding!

Scarlet said...

Not fun, but at least they got there safely w/ you to greet them holding beer and lemonade. :)

As for the bra comment, I'm not going to ask you what happened in Vegas (because we all know what happens there stays there), but that last sentence "perked up" my curiosity. LOL

Jazz said...

Girl, I absolutely LOVED the addendum!!!

Tai said...

Awww, that's lousy. Bloody weather!

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~How can it be bad? I kept my bra on!

Jazz
~~ :)

Tai,
~~Really lousy for them. They were on that plane for EIGHT HOURS and it was struck by lightning 5 times!

Cycling Goddess said...

Yikes, to be stuck on a plane for 8 hours... hang about that's the length of time it takes to go to Europe! Although being struck by lighting 5 times is NOT fun! You're right, forget masseuses, beer and lemonade is better.

Hope it goes well. I hadn't realized the party was this weekend. Wow, times flies!

geewits said...

Sylvie,
~~We think in terms of Hawaii for an 8 hour trip, and they've been to Hawaii, too, so imagine they spent the same amount of time it takes to get to Hawaii, yet ended up in the middle of Texas! I am sampling the Hawaiian music for the party right now. It's very relaxing, not good for doing chores!

Ian Lidster said...

Isn't flying fun. What an ordeal. Anyway, dear, now you can remove your bra.

Michael said...

I hate that too. You can let me hang out in the airport all day, but don't stick me on that cramped tin can for 12 hours without getting anywhere.

geewits said...

Ian,
~~I did and it was wonderful!

Michael,
~~Airports are fun! One time I took my Dad to the airport and then sat at a bar for about 3 hours talking to various strangers as they passed through. Airplanes, not so much.

Jo said...

That would be my idea of h*ll on wheels, being stuck in an airplane like that. It takes about that long to fly from here to London! England!

Have a fabulous time at the party...!

geewits said...

Josie,
~~I almost thought about not posting this because I knew it would add fuel to your "no fly zone."