Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Separated at Birth


I saw Quentin Tarantino on Leno tonight and I kept thinking, "Oh, my! He looks like that puppet." Josie has done several "Separated at Birth" blogs so I have to give her credit for making me think of it. Oddly enough, I checked her blog before I posted and she had just posted another one! In case you're not familiar with the image on the left, the puppet's name was "Madam" and she was part of the team of "Wayland Flowers and Madam." They even had a TV show in the 80's. I was never a fan and don't particularly like puppets as entertainment. Well, maybe the scene in The Sound of Music: That's pretty cute. Anyway that was the closest picture of Quentin I could find, but he has lost weight in his face and really looks like that puppet.

13 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

Hey they're the spittin' image of each other. Unlike that Bill Pullman look alike on Josie's blog.

Ian Lidster said...

I put puppets where I put mime artists, clowns, acrobats and magicians -- so-called entertainment manifestations to be scrupulously avoided. However your parallel between Tarantino and 'Madam' is superb. Now, how about Charlie McCarthy and Elton John?

Ian

geewits said...

Yeah JR,
I couldn't quite see that one. Maybe just around the mouth?

Ian,
You were doing well until you said magicians. I really like a good sleight of hand artist. Elton John and Charlie McCarthy, eh? You may have something there.

Jazz said...

Good God, that is scary! Whoa!

thethinker said...

The similarity is too great to deny. And kind of scary...

tkkerouac said...

That is scarey, nice blog!

Jo said...

Geewits, that is absolute genius! How did you find those two pictures?

JR is being too modest, he does so look like Bill Pullman. Check out his blog tonight. Silly boy. Well, he had sunglasses on.

Separated at Birth is too much fun, isn't it?

Josie

geewits said...

Jazz,
No kidding. I have to give credit to Josie. As soon as Quentin started talking I thought "Aha! Separated at birth!"

Thinker,
Yeah and I thought maybe I was imagining it until I found the photos!

Tkkerouac,
Thanks!

Josie,
If you look hard enough you can find all sorts of pics of anyone who is in the public domain. And, yeah, that's fun stuff!

Ian Lidster said...

PS I'll send you a photo of Griffin as soon as I get to my other computer in a few days.

Ian

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

WooHoo! Wicked! But I like it.

Dan said...

Good God! You're right! Stan Laurel kind of looked like both as well.

Tai said...

HA!! That's brilliant!!

geewits said...

Thanks guys (and gal)!