Sunday, March 11, 2007

Pictures!!

I finally got my pictures developed. I had two rolls so there was a LOT of stuff. My Sweetie will not let me post his picture so I can't post the REALLY hot one of him in San Diego which I am going to frame. Or our anniversary picture - we have our picture taken every anniversary to add to our wedding photo album. Or the cute ones of us in San Diego, although I did put one of me from one of those down below. I think I'm going to make it my new "me" picture on my profile.



Here it is! My new shower! See the light? The floor and the back of the niche were done with the little tiles that make the border trim. Or whatever it's called. The new showerhead that came with the handle is very cool looking but I love my old water massage, so I'll just save it in case we ever sell the house.


This is my Very Dorky Christmas Pajamas photo, complete with dorky Christmas socks. I do have two legs. I just always sit on my left leg. I don't know why.



This was taken at a restaurant in San Diego. I love the sidewalk seating in the Gaslamp District!


This is Jake being ultra hip with his shades on. He's 18-years-old now. Old enough to vote! This is what cat people do to their cats. If you are not a cat person, you won't get it.



I love this picture of Jake and My Sweetie resting cheek-to-cheek on the couch.



I think this one speaks for itself. It was fun getting to see the Hotel Del again. It hadn't changed a whole lot, but is apparently about to. There were signs in the "mall" area. It's all changing to offices or apartments or something. I forgot.
~~
It was great finally getting the pictures back. In this age of instant video/photo gratification, it's still fun to get pictures back that were taken two and three months ago. You gotta love that "oh Yeah! I remember that!" factor.
~~
Friday my daughter took me across town to get My Sweetie's birthday gift. He will be 40 on April 5th so I wanted something really special and I came up with something I thought was AWESOME. I wish I could share but he reads this sometimes. I can't wait to tell you after his birthday! After our little trek we did some happy hours and I met one of her new friends. She seemed like a really nice girl.
~~
The bathroom is finally moving forward. We got a lot done today. I'm already doing mud work and wall repairs. I will probably do my primer coat next weekend. This week is going to be all fun and games what with getting my crown replaced on Tuesday and my pap smear on Wednesday. Plus I wonder how long it will take me to get over this lost hour from Daylight Savings. I just lost it a few hours ago and I miss it already. The weekend has been good so far. I hope today will be as productive as yesterday!

9 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

Nice photos, especially the one of you in your "dorky" Xmas jammies. I like it and your smile. And, your cat looks just like one of our late cats, Nikki.
Cheers,
Ian

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing about your cat wearing sunglasses. For some reason, that always makes me laugh. Heh.

I read in the paper this morning that Hotel del opened a "new world class spa" in their hotel.

Your new shower looks like a good time. :)

geewits said...

Ian,
Thanks! I don't think it's very flattering. I included it because I thought it was goofy - and I LOVE goofy!

J,
I was disappointed that there wasn't a photo of Jake in the Red Baron cap. I thought I had taken one. That's REALLY funny. Hotel Del couldn't have replaced the mall area with a spa in two months, so I guess that will be something else. And yes, I LOVE my new shower.

Gary said...

I absolutely love that shower. Wish I had one like that.

Jo said...

Geewits, I want a niche just like that one in your shower.

I always sit on one leg like that as well, and so did my Mom. All our pictures are just like that.

Bizarre... :-)

Josie

geewits said...

Gary,
Thanks. I didn't have much to work with to glam it up. The "bones" of the shower are just a basic small "phone booth" type shower.

Josie,
My Mom doesn't sit like that, but my paternal Granny always did.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Two rooms you can sink a ton of money in: the bathroom & the kitchen. I spent an easy grand on our bathroom when we first moved in.

geewits said...

JR,
I guess I got "lucky." Because of the shower leak we got $4000 worth of work for about $1000. Ooooh, the things I'd like to do to my kitchen!

Dan said...

Look at you! You're so cute! :)