Saturday, March 24, 2007

Latest Goings On

On the bathroom saga: I finally got to roll the first coat of primer on Thursday. I RAN OUT OF PAINT. I was not expecting that. I guess there is a lot more wall in there than I thought. My Sweetie brought me a new can of primer today. I have one small wall section and all of the edging or cutting (whatever you call it) left to paint. I had some buckling and peeling, which I expected. My contractor from the shower job had told me that he was surprised that the walls had not been primed. Saturday will be 1: fixing all the bad spots and 2: finishing the edges with the primer. I was really not expecting to need two gallons of paint. Now I know to get two gallons when I lay down my first coat of green. It was great to finally see the walls all one color. That weird 135 degree corner I had to totally redo came out fine as did the "horrible wall section from hell" that had given me so much trouble when I was stripping the wallpaper. My daughter came by tonight and was impressed with my work. I'm looking forward to the next step. Well, except for the ladder part. I get vertigo on ladders. Maybe I can stand on a chair.
~
Strange Birthdays: Thursday was my 2nd husband's 50th birthday and it freaked me out all day. I just can't believe he is 50. My first husband turned 50 last October and that didn't phase me at all. I don't know why I was so weirded out. I did call my daughter and Mom to remind them to send 2nd Husband an e-mail for his birthday. He was a really sweet guy. My Sweetie will be 40 on April 5th and that seems odd too. I guess the round numbers just stand out more.
~
March Badness: I really sucked in the March Madness brackets this year. As of right now I am only one person away from being on the bottom of about 50 people (that guy must feel worse than I do!). I DO still have my Final Four teams eligible, but that could change this weekend.
~
Drink to my health!: About an hour ago I noticed there was a voice message on my cell phone. What is this? No one leaves messages on my cell phone. It was from my gynecologist's office. I had a PAP smear on the 14th and I asked "So what happens if I'm still shedding endometrial cells?" and he described something so horrible, my brain just went "FRIP, FRIP, FRIP." It involved an IV, general anesthesia, a D&C and whatnot. I don't even remember what the procedure was called. BUT. The message on my cell phone said my PAP smear was normal. That was awesome!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your pap came back normal. That's always great news and even better news when you're worried about something.

Gosh, I don't even know how old my ex would be. Let's see... 1964... he'll be 43 in May. Whoa. That's too weird. Heh... I had to finger count it out, I'm so funny.

Enjoy your busy Saturday. I'm glad I don't have to paint nothing. :)

geewits said...

J,
Thanks! I just finished lunch and am about to get going on that bathroom. My poor arms are still sore from Thursday's painting. Hmmmm, maybe a few beers. . .

Jo said...

Congratulations on your PAP smear. I hate those things. I work in the building where they test all the PAP smears for British Columbia.

Okay, what is March madness, and how did you get to be almost at the bottom of 50 people?

Josie

geewits said...

Josie,
March Madness is the NCAA tournament. (That stands for National Collegiate Athletic Association) - it is the college basketball tournament. I was raised a rabid Duke Basketball fan by my late father. The brackets are your picks from the original 64 teams down to the Final Four and onto the winner of the NCAA Championship. As of right now I have moved up and there are 13 people below me. Two of my Final Four teams made the Final Four and the other two battle it out on Sunday. I've either cleared this up for you or bored you to tears.

But thanks for asking. ;)

Jo said...

Geewits, that's actually very interesting. I used to love basketball. In the town where I grew up, our town's team was the Senior "A" champions for all of Canada. I was a huge fan.

Josie