Monday, October 31, 2005

Weekend Plus One Hour

I didn't sleep well Friday night and that's odd for me. Generally my only sleeping complaint is that I sleep so solidly I don't roll around much and can wake up stiff. But Friday night was horrible. It went like this: Start to doze off, jerk awake and thrash about into a new position. For 5 hours, after which I just gave up, got up and snuggled on the couch and watched a bunch of movies. I did get a one hour nap from about 2:00 to 3:00 that afternoon. It was during The Clearing, a Robert Redford movie. Very nappable. Of course after all that, I slept like a board Saturday night and woke up all stiff. Well stiff as a board I guess. The funniest part was the left side of my hair looked just like when I first styled it Saturday afternoon and the right side of my hair looked like crazy town.

Saturday afternoon we hit the Super Target and actually knocked 3 people off of our Christmas list. For my youngest nephew, we bought this really cute rug with roads and things on it that comes with a truck. They had one that was a bowling set and I said, "I want that one!" In their market area they had a stuffed orange roughy (two to a package) that we tried and it was really good. The instructions said to put them in a greased baking dish and cover with foil. I put them both in the release foil with some butter. Very yummy. This afternoon we got our spiderwebs up on the porch and all over the bushes by the front door. Unfortunately we both felt poorly. Apparently the high front was pushed out by a low front and we both always feel that pressure change stuff. It just makes our heads feel weird. Also I made a killer breakfast and ate too much. I very very rarely eat too much and I sure remember why. It will probably be another 8 years before I overeat again. And I'm hoping I remember not to do it that day.

So last night I changed some of the clocks back after My Sweetie went to bed. I used to watch The Newlywed Game a lot. I always thought most of the people were stupid, but I know we would never match if they asked "How many clocks would you say you have in your house?" We have A LOT of clocks. We even have clocks in both bathrooms. There are even clocks in the library and entryway - which are 2 I have not changed yet, but possibly did not change last time and may therefore be correct. I'm surprised I haven't put a clock in the garage. Or the cat's room. I should put a cuckoo clock in the cat's room. That would be funny.

I'm one of those people that thinks about weird stuff a lot. So Saturday night while we were setting up the telescope to look at Mars, I asked (and not for the first time) "Where do squirrels sleep?" and My Sweetie said, "At the Holiday Inn." That really cracked me up. But now I know. I also have a question for all of those "Intelligent Design" people that think we were all created like the Bible says and believe that Charles Darwin was a heretic. My question is this: How "intelligent" is a design of a creature than can live to be 100 years old, but the teeth start failing at 35? Seriously, if God created us in his image, his teeth must be awful. I have 3 freaking crowns. I hate teeth stuff. And dentists. And whatever that guy is called that does the root canals. I really hate that guy, although I couldn't pick him out of a line-up. (Cop: Ma'am, which of these guys assaulted your mouth? Me: I have no idea, I pretty much blocked the whole traumatic experience out of my mind.)

And now for stuff that had nothing to do with my weekend:
I tried a new drink Wednesday at Italliani's. It was called an Oatmeal Cookie. Man was it yummy. Don't quote me here but I think it was (and I don't know how to spell this) Goldschlager, Bailey's and a dash of half-n-half. I'm a beer drinker but will throw in one flavorful drink from time to time and my daughter told me about this one. If you get a chance, check it out. Also Red-headed Sluts are really good. It's Jaeger, Peach Schnapps and cranberry juice. Actually, I should not have mentioned the ingredients. I find that people have preconceived notions so I usually just ask them to try the drink before I tell them what's in it. People are funny like that. My Sweetie said he did not like Dijon mustard or horseradish, yet he loves my sandwiches (dijon) and my homemade cocktail sauce (lots of horseradish). Basically my rule is, if it smells okay taste it. If it doesn't smell good, don't put it in your mouth. Of course that makes you wonder how people originally tried broccoli and cabbage. Or chicken for that matter. I mean live chickens STINK. I wonder how that all came about?

I just realized how late it is. Tomorrow is Halloween! Lots to do. Happy Halloween!


No comments: