Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Moods and Stuff

I guess everyone has heard the expression "Free-floating Anxiety." I get that sometimes and as soon as I recognize it I can talk myself out of it. But what I've never heard of, yet experience as much is a "Free-floating Good Mood." Have you ever gotten one of those? You just randomly feel really good, like your endocrine system for no apparent reason has decided to send out a flood of seratonin or endorphins or whatever it is that makes you feel good. I LOVE when I get those. I've been in one for about 2 hours now. At first I thought it was the music on the radio. Then I realized it's just one of those random waves of "feel good." I wish I could bottle this.

I got an e-mail from my Mom late tonight saying that she is in Meridian, Mississippi. (I was gonna use the postal abbreviation but I never get those M states right. Is it MS or MI?) At any rate, it was quite odd because A) she did not even mention they were leaving and B) the last time I asked if they had set a date to leave yet, she said that my step-dad had just gotten another contract. I was surprised. They have a HUGE truck which pulls a camper thing called a 5th Wheel, that when parked has these pull-out rooms which turn it into quite a large dwelling. They took their dog AND their cat. I think it's cool they take their cat. I mean EVERYONE takes their dog all over, but how many people take their cat? (I wonder what that cat thinks when those extra rooms are sliding in and out?) They are on their way to N.C. They, like me, are from N.C. and are going to visit family. Every time they go, they come back early and say, "I hated it, why did we go, we couldn't wait to get back to Texas!" Then 8 months later, they plan another trip. It's like they have no memory. It's funny.

I finally got a short e-mail from Jeanette in Houston. It didn't say much, just that she was going to call. She said she took the Disaster Class on Friday. I can't wait to talk to her to find out what is going on. Lolo turns 30 on Friday. I got her package out in the mail today. I wish I could have been with her for this, but that didn't work out.

Oh a funky thing happened late Saturday night. Lisa, my sister-in-law came by to watch Saturday Night Live with us. (SNL was boring, it was Catherine Zeta-Jones, so we ended up looking at Saturn through my 5" telescope.) Anyway, she walked in with this killer shirt on. I told her I loved it, she told me where she got it. Then about an hour later she asked if I had a long-sleeved T-shirt. I said, sure, why? She said, "Give me that to wear home and I'll give you this shirt." I was flummoxed. So I gace her the T-shirt - to keep as I have never worn it - and she gave me the cool shirt. Also I set her up with a kick-ass halloween outfit. She had never gone to a halloween party because she didn't get into the costume thing. Her husband went the last 2 years (without her) to his friends annual party, so she wanted to go this year. I set her up with full Flapper gear. I think she'll make a great flapper.

I think tomorrow I'll talk about Rosa Parks.





1 comment:

Sassy said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving that comment with the AWESOME quote from the LOTR movie. The whole damn third movie made me cry, but that part was a killer. :)

Frecklehead