Thursday, October 27, 2005

Good Wednesday

I left out a funny part of my Vegas trip with my daughter. When I travel and am going to sleep alone, I always take a stuffed animal to sleep with. I usually take Geoffrey, a small tiger, but on this particular trip, I took my pony. I DID name him once but forgot what it was and now I just call him Pony. Well you know the usual hotel room set up: two double beds with a nightstand between. So Pony was on my bed. Over the course of our trip Kate brought two different guys up to our room. Near the end of our trip she told me that both guys assumed the bed with the pony was HER bed. One guy was from Scotland and the other was from Ireland. So when she told me I said, "Did they say, 'Your mother sleeps with a poh-nee?'" She burst out laughing and said, "That is the worst accent ever!!!" She won't let me forget it.

As I was getting ready this morning, I seriously thought Kate wasn't going to show up, but she cruised in just as I was brushing my teeth - that's always the last thing I do before I leave the house. I knew it was going to be a fun day when half-way to the church (where we pick up the food) she said, "Does your mother sleep with a poh-nee?" The meal was a taco thing but I was short 5 "salads" and 4 tortillas so I had to do a lot of explaining and juggling. It was okay though and no one was mad. We had 12 people, but only 9 stops so it went pretty quickly. I told Kate I was tired of Bennigans now that the cool bartenders are gone, so we went to Italianni's. If you've never been to one they are really nice. Not "really nice" like really expensive, just nice in a decor/atmosphere/yummy food way. They are actually owned by the TGIF people. We sat at the bar and our bartender was very amusing. I always like THAT.

As we were leaving, I thought I could combine two stops into one. I needed butter, buttermilk and spiderwebs. We went to Super Target and just when I was about to give up on the spiderwebs, Kate dug some out of the bottom of a bin. It was so cool. Like magic. Then we went to The Plant Shed and picked out some killer pumpkins. When we got home we gathered all our knives and giant spoons and that thing used to pound meat and went out on the deck. I HATE the gutting of the pumpkin. Weirdly, Kate said that was her favorite part. Anyway we had a good ole time and no one had to go to the emergency room. (Yes that happened a couple of years ago to Lolo when we were carving pumpkins here.)

Kate left, I watched my soap on DVR, Sweetie got home and as usual I had my Wednesday nap. But that was cool because we had a date night planned for the Movie Tavern and the movie started at 9:00. About 8:15 MS woke me up. I brushed my teeth and drank a beer. We got to the Movie Tavern and no one was in the theater. About 5 minutes later one other couple came in. I had super nachos, MS ordered pizza and we split an order of fried dill pickles. Yum. Movie food. Did I mentioned that we went to the Movie TAVERN? Yes, a full bar and full service. Basically they took a regular movie theater, removed every other row of seats, and installed a wooden bar. I LOVE the movie tavern. I think I had 4 beers. And I laughed my ass off! It was the Wallace and Grommit movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312004/
The whole theater - all 4 of us - were laughing the whole time. And I'm a person who laughs when most people don't - but in theaters, for some reason, (laugh peer pressure?) when I laugh, people will laugh along with me.

Anyway, I had a great day. I found my pumpkin picture from last year. This pumpkin is different and has a beard, but I like them both.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

It sounds like you have a really great relationship with your daughter. :) I want to carve a pumpkin, but Michael won't let me b/c he thinks its' gross. :(

I'll just buy one of those ceramic jack-o-lantern's with the electric bulb in it I suppose....