Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Wind, Wind, Go Away


I think I've metioned before about how straight-line winds blow things through our skylights. It's very weird, because they do not leak water, but when we have those crazy strong winds, tiny little leaf bits blow in. The worst skylight is the one over the kitchen table. I had to vacuum it today. Who vacuums their kitchen table? It was ridiculous. I realized while I was vaccuming it that it looked like someone had torn up two cigarettes and blown the leaves out of their hand all over the table. It's very irritating and I want this wind to CEASE!

5 comments:

Jazz said...

That's so bizarre. It's obviously got a "leak" somewhere...

Anonymous said...

That IS peculiar. You'd think if leaves can get in, water should definitely be able to get in.

Mr. Jazz said...

And that's why you need a Dyson!

Carole said...

Gee, do you think if your sweetie got up on the roof and sealed it with silicone caulking it would help? Or maybe even sealing it from the inside? Just a thought. And yeah...it sure has been windy.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~Yeah, I guess it just leaks wind.

Xup,
~~I know! But we've never had a water leak.

Mr. Jazz,
~~Nah dude, it's Oreck all the way!

Carole,
~~Hmmm. If I suggest it might cut down on autumn wasps, he might get right up there.