Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Welcome 2009!



I'm looking forward to the start of this year: All the TV shows coming back like "Monk," "Psych," "American Idol," "Lost" and "Damages" and a better school schedule for My Sweetie. He had Saturday classes last semester and it sort of dampened Friday nights because he had to study or do homework. This semeseter will be Monday thru Thursday, so we will have our weekends back. Yay. "Survivor:Tocantins" (pronounced TOKE-un-cheens) starts in February and looks like it will be a tough grueling trial for the crazy people that do this show. I LOVE "Survivor!!" I'm also thrilled about seeing Carol Burnett Monday night. And we have our reservations for our beach cottage in May so I'm very excited about that.
~
But the biggest thing of all? In October I am taking my dream vacation of all time. Lo and I are going to do Halloween on Bourbon Street as Glinda and Dorothy!

We've talked about it for years but this year we are finally going to do it and I think it's going to be awesome. Welcome 2009, indeed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hot damn, all I have to look forward to so far is maybe getting a nice chunk of back pay sometime before the end of June (minus 50% federal tax, of course). Glinda and Dorothy on Bourbon Street has that all beat to hell

Jocelyn said...

I had been a SURVIVOR addict all the way through, until the last season. For no reason, I just missed it. Thanks to your heads-up, I gotta catch this new one.

Glinda and Dorothy? I fear for Bourbon Street!

Jazz said...

Will you be Dorothy or Glinda? Bourbon Street will never be the same.

Carole said...

I can't wait to see you in costume! That sounds too fun!

Glad you reminded me about "Monk" & "Psych" because I had turned those off on my DVR record because I was getting them in reruns during those weekend marathons they have. I have it set to record only NEW episodes, but my DVR sees those marathons as NEW, so I'll wake up Sunday morning and have a bunch of reruns recorded.

geewits said...

Xup,
~~Well, back pay sounds good.

Jocelyn,
~~I like to make a prediction before the show starts. Chime in in February.

Jazz,
~~Surely you've seen pics of Lo and me. I'll be Dorothy and Lo will be the beautiful Glinda.

Carole,
~~Yeah those settings are wanky. I have to record my soap each night at midnight because if I try to do a series recording it records the 7 p.m. one and that doesn't work for us.