Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Oops! My Bad.

I had one of those stupid things happen today. I was on the phone with Lolo and after we hung up, my message light started blinking (I don't have caller I.D.). So I checked it and the nice lady from my dentist's office had left a message basically saying, "It's 3:18 and your appointment was for 3:00 and we hope you are on the way." Well, what happened was, I was sick and had the pneumonia and all that and she called me ONE MORNING to reschedule. I'm not a morning person. I barely remember talking to her and I never wrote it on my calendar, so basically it's like it never existed. The appointment I mean. I felt bad, but these are really nice people and have put up with me for years, like when I would call and tearfully explain, "Today is not a day I can leave my house." So it was terrible that after these years of being ABLE to actually leave my house, I just FORGOT. Just forgot to go. Since I am giving the Prednisone credit for why I feel so good, I will just blame this on the Prednisone. I haven't checked, but I'm sure "dental appointment memory loss" is probably on the side effects list.

10 comments:

Scarlet said...

Oh, you just reminded me of my ob-gyn visit on Friday. Thanks a lot! That's WORSE than the dentist!

By the way, from the looks of your pics, your teeth are just fine. Go out and hit some golf balls...you'll probably run into your dentist out there on the green. :)

Jazz said...

Absolutely. Blame the drugs.

Jammie J. said...

Oh dear! I hate when I forget something, but like you, if it's not on my calendar, then it doesn't exist. I've told my boss that my memory is only as good as the pen and paper I'm carrying.

Okay, can you believe this? I woke up this morning and have a sore throat. Yet another cold for this year??? So much for swimming this morning. :(

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~I have to gently disagree. I've always preferred the gyn to the dentist. (And it's only for a cleaning.) I just hate having people's hands in my mouth.

Jazz,
~~That reminds me how my daughter hates it when I say, "Hey! It was the 70's!" :0 See you soon!

Jeanette,
~~I'm glad someone gets the calendar thing.And I refuse to let you have ANOTHER cold. Cut it out!

ticknart said...

I read this: "I have to gently disagree. I've always preferred the gyn to the dentist. (And it's only for a cleaning.)" and stopped and laughed because going to the gyn for a cleaning seems really funny to me.

Jo said...

Geewits, has opposed to having people's hands in your...??? Ha! Actually, I prefer the gyn to the dentist too.

Be careful of the Prednisone. Of the side effects can be weight gain.

Cheers,
Josie

Tai said...

You know, it could be the not smoking, too.
My brain got REAL fuzzy when I quit. Thank goodness it goes away!

Ian Lidster said...

When in doubt, always blame the drugs. Works for me.

Jammie J. said...

Apparently, the "cold" heard you. The sore throat went away around noon. Tony thinks it was just sinuses because of the changing weather. Have you heard of such a thing?

It was 104° a week ago, now it's 65° with threats of rain. Weird weather.

geewits said...

Ticknart,
~~Yeah that came out kinda strange.

Josie,
~~But at least I can still TALK.

Tai,
~~I hate to think my brain can be fuzzier than usual.

Ian,
~~It seems my only choice, because it's NEVER the beer. ;)

Jeanette,
~~My husband gets that all the time. His whole head reacts to pressure and temperature changes. It almost kills him to fly!