Saturday, September 08, 2007

Home Alone


My Sweetie left this morning to go to Vegas for his company's big managers' show. The MTV Video Music Awards are also going to be there this weekend. So all week he has been walking around telling people, "I don't want to get shot by a rapper!" I've been keeping up with it all and so have told him which hotels to avoid. I even know where P.Diddly Puff's after party will be. I think as long as he sticks to the company stuff and goes to bed early each night, he will probably not get shot by a rapper.
~
While he is walking around in Vegas worrying about being shot by a rapper, I will be puttering around the house trying to breathe and worrying about keeling over dead and being eaten by cats. As Craig Ferguson would say, in his sexy Scottish accent, "They WILL eat ya, ya know." Maybe I should soak myself in carrot juice.

9 comments:

Jo said...

Geewits, you're too funny. Cats don't eat dead people. You will just lie there and mummify until your sweetie comes home... Heh.

You will be fine. You have us.

Breathe in
Breathe out
Breathe in
Breathe out...

geewits said...

Josie,
They don't? So Craig's been pulling my leg all these years? I told My Sweetie, "I'll either be better or I'll be dead." He will be home Early Wednesday night. I sure HOPE I'll be better by then!

Scarlet said...

You are too funny, but it's true, the first thing you think of when you hear MTV Video Music Awards is RAPPER. And when you think of rapper, you think of a possible gun and then a possible shooting and a possible victim. But don't you worry, everythig's going to be fine.

As for your fear of being eating by cats, don't worry, you're not dead. They won't eat you while you're still alive and as long as you follow Josie's advice and keep breathing, you'll be fine.

Jammie J. said...

At my old company, a bunch of the guys used to go to Vegas all the time. Gamblers, the whole lot of 'em. hehe Whenever I went out there, I always thought I'd see them or see anybody I knew, never did. It's weird, as "small" as Vegas is, it's really very big. :)

geewits said...

Scarlet,
I'm TRYING to breathe. My lungs are not cooperating very well. If I can't breathe by Monday, I guess I'll actually call the doctor.

Jeanette,
He is staying at the Mandalay Bay which connects to the Luxor which is where Diddly's party is going to be Sunday night. I'm pretty sure he's safe, though. It would be funny if one of his vendors says, "Hey I got tickets to the VMA's."

Jazz said...

That cough hasn't gotten any better? Will you see a doctor already? You probably have bronchitis or something which can turn into pneumonia. You only have one body. TAKE CARE OF IT!!!

This from a woman who has to be badgered into seeing a doctor after 3 weeks of feeling sick. So see? I know what I'm talking about.

Jo said...

Jazz, I told her to see a doctor as well. Smokers can be prone to bronchitis or pneumonia, especially after they quit smoking, for some reason.

Geewits, go to your doctor and get an antibiotic, and maybe also something to help you sleep.

Ian Lidster said...

Maybe the carrot juice is like chicken soup, and in which case, "it vouldn't hoit." Hope you are feeling much better very soon.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Look at it this way: Death by rapper might be better than having him bring home a daughter-in-law named Britney Spears.