Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Nice Out Day

I guess I had cabin fever after the hospital stuff, so I told My Sweetie I wanted to go check out Grapevine Lake. Also I wanted to check out the Gaylord Texas Resort. I used to go to Grapevine Lake, but that was 25 years ago. We live really close. We're only 10 miles from the resort. Hmmmm. So on our first venture, we ran into a lot of "Yeah, don't go there." like this:

Apparently the lake is kinda flooded or whatever it's called. So we ended up at the resort. My Sweetie took my picture with this fake cow. Because, you know, that's a Texas thing.
I could tell he was getting bored, so after our beers by the pool, I found the BIG sports bar. That is one big screen!

It says that it is 15 feet by 52 feet. It didn't seem that big, but I would love to watch a Duke Basketball game on that screen. It was nice to get out. I'm pretty sure we will go there again. I kept saying we were on a fake vacation. I just wonder who all the people there were.


7 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love that cow...! It had to be very nice to get out after your ordeal!

So, where is the house you picked out? I'd love to see how close you actually got...!
Email me: myrtillo1984 AT yahoo DOT com

Scarlet said...

Great photos. You look so much better in these photos. It's good to see you up and out of the house. Keep driving south and you'll end up in Miami...that would be a REAL vacation! :)

Jammie J. said...

Fake vacations are very nice. It's amazing what one can fit into a day sometimes. :)

Do people say "moooo" to fake cows, too?

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~It WAS nice. It's a neat little resort. I'm sure we'll go back.

Scarlet,
~~You're funny. If I drive south, I will end up in Mexico, not Miami. Besides, I'm too fat to go to Miami.

Jeanette,
~~It wasn't Lego Land but it was a nice little getaway. I DIDN'T say "moooo, but I was thinking it.

Ian Lidster said...

So nice to see you out and about and I missed some of the tale of your recent distress, as I wasn't connected, but just read through them today. Be well, my friend.

Jo said...

What great photos of you!!! You're looking really well and healthy. No more *cough*?

That fake cow looks really real!

Cheers,
Josie

geewits said...

Ian,
~~Thanks. Your adventures were much more fun than mine! I do feel so much better but part of it is the Prednisone high. That will be gone soon, though.

Josie,
~~Being all backwards, I've lost about 5 pounds since I quit smoking. Probably had something to do with the pneumonia. I guess it's not really a fake cow. It's probably an actual that was stuffed (taxidermied?).