Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Just Trying to Relax and Have Fun


Today was the first day where I could really feel the changing of the seasons. It was SO nice out. I actually just sat on the deck for 20 minutes doing nothing at all, well, except getting mosquito bites. I also did a major cleaning of my truck. It seemed appropriate since I stopped smoking. Wednesday will be my first driving without smoking. And my first Meals on Wheels without smoking. Now my truck is all clean inside with all traces of smoking removed. I'll probably still sit in the smoking section of the catfish place on Wednesday (yes, I am SO addicted to that catfish!) because it is a much sunnier room. And it's usually pretty much empty once I get there, so there won't be any smoke.
~
I've noticed I've had a lot of energy since I got back from the hospital. (I also didn't realize how time comsuming smoking was.) Now I'm constantly coming up with ideas for things to do. I told My Sweetie I wanted to hit some golf balls this weekend. It really freaked him out. I used to play par 3 golf when I was young, and I have done the driving range thing. I think it will be fun. Plus, I'm testing my new theory that I WILL NOT have a panic attack anywhere. I'm going to try to do more new stuff. I like feeling this good and just hope it's not the Prednisone. That will be finished in a few days so I guess I'll know then. In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy the milder weather and try to have fun.

11 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Don't be surprised if it is partially the Prednisone. It is a Miricle Worker, nut...it is a false feeling of "well being"....I think it is GREAT that you stopped smoking...Hope you can keep it up...In the long run, THAT will make you feel much much better.

Ryan Seacrest...Well, it was like American Ido, At The Emmy's.....Bland, you know? Which was okay I guess...The show certainly moved along.....I didn't understand some of the final outcomes, at all, but then, there were people who won in shows I never watch....I truly do NOT understand James Spader...and I think he is a WONDERFUL Actor...BUT...Gandolfini was Superb and Hugh Laurie is wonderful, too! Will any of us remember any of this by November? (LOL)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

OY! That should read "BUT" not "NUT"....! (lol)

JR's Thumbprints said...

Catfish? Did I hear Catfish? Good to see you back on your feet again.

Scarlet said...

Yes, I agree with you. Get out there and do more stuff!! Hit golf balls! Do karaoke! Try new restaurants! Just do it! ;)

Jazz said...

Yay you!!! Oh, and that picture so rocks. I wanna be a cat.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

First of all, what a great picture! Secondly, glad you have found creative and positive ways to spend your ex-smoking time.

geewits said...

Naomi,
~~And maybe part of it is all the extra oxygen I am getting? I thought Gandolfini was robbed. Apparently Tony Sirico (Pauly Walnuts) was raising hell about it backstage.

JR,
~~It's the best catfish in the WHOLE WORLD. I have to have it every other Wednesday. I almost want to have it EVERY Wednesday, but I'm trying to control myself.

Scarlet,
~~There will be NO karaoke, but I've already eaten at two non-smoking restaurants. And there are many more!

Jazz,
~~My Sweetie took the picture. Barney cracks us up when he sleeps with his tongue sticking out. It's way funnier "live."

LGS,
~~I think I also picked a good time of year to quit smoking because it's not TOO HOT to do anything.

Jammie J. said...

It is a wonderful place to be, feeling so good. I hope it continues after the prednisone ends. If not to the degree you're feeling now, at least mostly. It's great to hear you sounding so adventurous. And Barney is a cute little stinker. I'm so glad you adopted the little bugger. :)

Tai said...

Way to quit smoking! I'm so pleased for you.
Even if the drug is helping, don't forget that YOU are quitting, not the prednisone.
Either way, you win!

(DAMN! That cat is cute!)

Jo said...

Geewits, quitting smoking was the best thing you could do for yourself. Your energy level will just go up and up, not to mention your spare time!

Love the picture of Barney. Give him a little scritch behind the ear for me.

geewits said...

Jeanette,
~~It's funny how I was planning on taking him to the Humane Society. Somehow, we just fell in love with him and had to keep him. I feel guilty saying this, but he's my favorite cat.

Tai,
~~Thanks. It's been easy so far and I really like the way I feel.

Josie~~I just gave him a big scritch and a big ole kiss on his little white cheek.