Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Face in The Lemon



When I got to the pool joint where I always have two beers after Meals on Wheels, I saw a man with a big video camera. I thought, "What are they filming here?" Apparently one of the bartenders saw a face in a lemon and it was in our paper this morning. The picture above is from another bartender's phone. The link picture is better. How weird was that? They're a bunch of chewing tobacco spitting type guys and the the guy who "discovered" the thing was saying, "I just don't want to do any more interviews." It was all pretty funny really.

~

All this time, I thought I would miss smoking the most at bars, but I've been to three bars now, four counting the poolside bar area at that resort, and I've been fine. The one time I sort of naturally wanted to smoke was today when I was stopped dead on the highway. I didn't realize that being stuck in traffic was a trigger to light up, but it is. And then I felt all funkified like, well, I'm not going to smoke so what do I do while I just sit here on the highway? So I just kept pressing the radio buttons and becoming more agitated. I'll have to come up with something to do next time I am stuck in traffic. Maybe I'll text somebody, --Hey! I'm stuck in traffic! :( -- That would probably take me a good five minutes to do.

~

Meals on Wheels was weird because my list had been getting longer and longer and then today I had only six people and one had a cancellation. So I had just five stops. It went very quickly. The MOW guy that's always at the church the same time I am (that reminds me of Ian for some reason) was kinda perturbed that I had only five people. I think he had 14. I have a feeling he will have less and I will have more next week. So except for the excitement of the face in the lemon, it was a pretty dull day. But the catfish was AWESOME!

8 comments:

Jazz said...

A face in a lemon... I see faces everywhere, in tile patterns, in wallpaper, in shadows.

I am impressed that you're holding strong. Good for you!

Scarlet said...

At first it looked like an alien, then it looked like Jazmine, one of the Bratz dolls. :)

There's a tree at the park that has a face on it. It looks like an old man laughing. I should photograph it.

geewits said...

Jazz,~~Me too! There are some creepy faces in the marbling of my bathtub. I'm a pretty stubborn person so I'm applying that to my not smoking. It's just that I had anticipated maybe wanting to smoke in bars, so I was fine with it. I just wasn't expecting the traffic thing.

Scarlet,
~~Please take that picture. I love stuff like that.

Tai said...

of fer cryin' out loud!!

(glad you're feeling better and better!!)

Jammie J. said...

Okay, I see the face in the lemon, but it doesn't look like no virgin Mary.

As for sitting in traffic, I file my fingernails and chew gum. Hehe. I've thought about if someone pisses me off, just tossing my used gum at them, except my vanity plates are easy to remember and, umm, you know, I'm stuck right there. Heh.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I don't know exactly where this idea came from, but why don't you get some lemons to chew on while at those traffic stops?

Jo said...

Geewits, that face in the lemon looks more like ET with hair, if you ask me.

I'm glad to see you're feeling better and out doing things. You know, I have never tried catfish. I'llhave to try it sometime.

Cheers,
Josie

geewits said...

Tai,
~~Thanks for all the "quit smoking" support!

JR,
~~Okay, next time I am stuck in traffic, I will reach into the little truck fridge, pull out some lemons, slice them up and chew on them.

Josie,
~~Do not try catfish unless you go with a catfish lover that knows what (and where) they are doing. Bad catfish tastes like dirt. Great catfish tastes like heaven.