Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Some Follow-ups

I thought I'd post some follow-ups on stuff from former posts. About that trellis I attached to the end of the built-in bench on my deck: I put a large square container there and planted two container tomato plants in it. They are doing well and one has a little tomato already about the size of a large grape. I have no (memorable) experience with tomatoes. My first husband and I grew some in the ground back in 1986, but I guess he did all the work. Or I just don't remember much about it. My SIL stopped by on Sunday and told me we should get some special tomato plant food. I was just going to use miracle grow, but maybe I will check out this special food. I also planted verbena in a pot by the mailbox. We have a brick mailbox with a built-in planter, but I have never been able to grow anything there, so I put a pretty pot in there. We also had an odd spot in a bed out front where a bush used to be. I put a squat wide flower pot there with zinnias. They are doing well. Now I just need to take care of the rest of the backyard.
~
The tendonitis in my shoulder seemed to be improving and then last night as I was reaching for something I had a sharp stabbing pain that made me cry out. That has happened many times today and is annoying as hell. This has put a crimp in things such as yard work and painting.
~
About the painting: The base green is on, I just need to touch up spots that came up with the tape. I was going to do that on Saturday and then sponge on Sunday, but it was too humid. And I was tired from all of the noise and mess because of the roofing.
~
The roofing: Our phone rang at 6:58 a.m. Saturday morning and since I had been asleep approximately 3 hours, I was in no shape to properly answer the phone. Then it rang AGAIN!!! It was our neighbor the roofer who asked if we could move my truck so they could park a trailer there. And they were out there waiting! They started a little before 8:00. It was noisy as hell, but I made myself sleep through it. I had really weird dreams, though. Because of the clear skylight in the master bathroom, we couldn't use that one all day. We now have a new roof, three new skylights and a new vent thing (for the attic fan) - another good thing if we ever have to sell the house. It was drizzly outside and with the skylight being off at times it was WAY too humid in the house to paint, so I will do all that next weekend.
~
I'm going to drop off two rolls of film on Wednesday so I hope to have some good pictures to post at the end of the week. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the hailstones in the backyard and the pictures from My Sweetie's birthday downtown. I think there may be a good one of my daughter and me.
~
The dress: Yeah that dress I ordered was a major disappointment. 1) it was not tapered at all like in the picture. It was one big rectangle with sleeves. and 2) the material was thin and cheap. If it had cost $15, I would keep it and have it tailored, but it just was not worth the price I paid, so back it goes. Sigh.
~
I think that was everything that has been left hanging. If I forgot something, just ask.

8 comments:

Jo said...

Geewits, that's too bad about the dress. Don't you hate that when that happens?

The construction workers woke you up at 6:58 a.m. on a Saturday? Oh, man. There's a law here in the city that no construction can be done before 10:00 a.m. on Saturdays and none on Sundays.

Looking forward to seeing some photos. The garden too...:-)

Josie

geewits said...

Josie,
I found that dress LAST SUMMER. When I tried to order it they said it was on back order until late August. I forgot about it until this year, found it again, blah, blah, blah. I did have fun filling out the return form today. I'll drop it off at a UPS station after MOW tomorrow, and good riddance!

I have a LOT of work to do before I take any pictures of my plants.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your tendonitis -- that really sucks. And working THAT early on the roof??? There should be a law against that. I wanna live where Josie lives!
What a bummer about the dress. :(
I ordered pants from Chadwick's, when I got them, they all fit really weird with this strange bubble at the top of the butt just under the belt area. WTH? Do women have belt bubbles these days??? All three of those pants went back.

Jo said...

Geewits, we have to talk JR out of quitting. :-)

Josie

geewits said...

J,
A belt bubble butt? I've never heard of that one. Maybe you are just too slim for American pants. Yeah, the tendonitis, it is not so good. My arm is starting to seem like an alien entity.

Josie,
I guess I should e-mail you about that one.

JR's Thumbprints said...

You're having pictures developed? That's almost unheard of in this day and age.

geewits said...

JR,
Yep, I'm a dinosaur. I like pictures the old fashioned way and believe it or not "Kodachrome" by Paul Simon is playing on the radio. Seriously.

Rayna Nielsen said...

please go right ahead and add us