Monday, May 14, 2007

Sick Day for My Sweetie

My Sweetie started feeling poorly yesterday and by last night he was full-blown sick. He stayed home from work today. He sounds terrible and even had a fever, poor guy. The thing is, when he stays home sick I always feel unusually productive, so I got A LOT done. I tackled two projects that I needed to get to. One of them was hanging a corkboard in my laundry room. I'm very sentimental and hang onto all sorts of souvenirs like tickets to shows, movies, sports events and museums. I also keep postcards. Keeping stuff like that in a box is not very gratifying because I can't see it. On the other hand, that stuff can be pretty junky looking, so about two years ago I came up with the idea of a corkboard in my laundry room. Laundry rooms are generally not very entertaining. They are places where we HAVE to spend time doing chores. So about two years ago I got my board started. It filled up pretty quickly. Today I added a second board just for postcards, so I was able to spread out the tickets and things on the other one. It really IS nice to be in there doing laundry and be surrounded by these little pieces of paper that bring back pleasant memories. As for My Sweetie, I think he should stay home again tomorrow, but he's a bit of a workaholic, so I guess it's a "wait and see" situation. Although I hope he feels better, I kinda hope he will stay home so I can get more projects done.

5 comments:

Jazz said...

Just tell him how awful he looks and that he really really needs to rest up and you'll make him his favourite meal if he stays so you can keep being productive.... oh, and tell him your lack of productivity will be all his fault if he goes back to work.

Jo said...

I hope your sweetie is feeling better soon.

How did I miss your camera post? I have an "old fashioned" Canon camera that takes the best pictures and everyone with all their snazzy digital cameras always want to borrow mine.

And, we rushed home from Mother's Day dinner to watch the Survivor finale as well. Freddie kept looking at his watch saying, "What time is it? What time is it?" Sheesh. He wanted Yau-Man to win.

Josie

Jo said...

Geewits, have you checked out JR's blog?

Very, very strange.

http://jrtomlinson.blogspot.com/

Josie

geewits said...

Jazz,
Yeah he went to bed last night, then I went to bed 4 or 5 hours later. The next thing I knew he was kissing me goodbye and saying how much better he felt. He still sounds funny though.

Josie,
I was originally pulling for Yau-man then he started to get on my nerves. I would have been happy with any of the three finalists winning, but I think Earl really deserved it. And what you are seeing on JR's blog: That's what I was talking about when I said it was "wanky" and you said you saw the video. I had seen the "Eddie" stuff.

Michael said...

Hope he feels better.
Or you continue to conquer the world. Maybe w/all the free time you can find a cure for the common cold.