Friday, May 18, 2007

Pictures, I have Pictures!


This one was taken on my birthday. This is Kate and me out partying at the Main Street Arts Fesival.



This a picture of the turtle my Mom gave me for my birthday last year. The dianthus was one of our "annuals" that came back this year. It was in a box like the one on top of the bench in the next picture but the box was busted from the hail.

This is the the trellis I attached to the end of the bench and my new tomato plant. The planter box on top of the bench has a bunch of baby dianthus plants coming in, but you can't see them from this angle.

There's my first little tomato. The plant on the left has four tiny babies now.


This picture was taken on Sunday afternoon. Early Monday evening it started pouring rain. Then the wind started going crazy and the next day all that was left of the umbrella was this:

I didn't mention it before because it seems like all I was talking about lately was the weather. Speaking of weather, when I got this last set of pictures, I still didn't have the hailstone pictures. There was ANOTHER disposable camera! It still has a lot of film left, so I guess those pictures will have to wait.

~

I probably mentioned before about a possible trip to New York. It is now a done deal. I'll be there the weekend of June 8-10. We'll be staying at the Soho Grand. I looked it up on the internet and it is VERY NICE, but I must have laughed for 20 minutes when I read through the amenities:

"If travelers cannot bring their pets, the Soho Grand offers surrogate animal companionship in the form of a goldfish in your guestroom."

4 comments:

Jazz said...

Surrogate animal companionship? What if you wake up in the morning and Goldie is floating upside down? How traumatic!

Jo said...

Geewits, I couldn't help laughing when I saw the "after" picture of your umbrella. Sorry... I've seen on the news that you guys have been having awful weather there.

Have a wonderful time in New York (my favorite city, after Paris). The Soho Grand looks spectacular. And get lots of pictures to show us.

(That's a very nice picture of you).

Josie

geewits said...

Jazz,
I'm not even going to be requesting the pet goldfish. Someone told My Sweetie that when they stayed at this hotel they were in an elevator with John Malkovich. Then today I read that L. Lohan got into a fight with her boyfriend there in the lobby. I would SO much rather have John Malkovich as my celebrity sighting!

Josie,
We won't have much time there and a good part will be spent in the Met which I'm guessing does not allow photography, but we can take some in Central Park.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!