Monday, December 19, 2005

busy, busy

I've been busy wrapping presents. I have a system. I wrap presents at the foot of my guest room bed. It's a high bed and has a high foot board. I don't know furniture words, but its a black pickety fence type style with a little curl out at the top like sleigh beds have (oh! that IS a furniture word!) So I stand and balance on my good foot and lean slightly against the footboard. But I can only do one at a time and then I just have to sit down. I'm also going through a crazy bow-making phase. I'm experimenting and studying designs of bows that I have that I find interesting. Last night while playing poker I made what seemed like a trillion little scissor curls on thin ribbon. Now I want to make more of those because while I was doing it I increased my score from $15,228 to $16,013. This is Yahoo poker and not real money in case you didn't know.

I've started to do a little bit of walking with my cane. I went outside today and sat on the deck for a while. I even napped a bit and had three different dreams. In one of the dreams, we were at a bar and I was buying drinks for people and we had made friends with a large guy. So I told the bartender, "And one for the little lady." And I said it like John Wayne. It freaked My Sweetie out (in the dream) and I said, "Hey if a guy's that big, you can tease him." In another dream some little girls were in a round hot tub and there were fish in it and I yelled, "Don't turn on the pump! It will suck those fish into the pipes!" They were 3" long fish, like aquarium fish. The third dream was about a gay cowboy, but that's all I remember. Reebus, our yard cat that is not our cat, was also dozing next to me, so every time I woke up, I guess I made a little noise and he would wake up and we would look at each other for a minute or two and then both go back to sleep. I love napping in the sun.

I want to start trying to get around a little more, but I have to put a shoe on my good foot to walk with the cast boot. Having a shoe on in the house is as unnatural to me as being barefoot in the grocery store. That's one of my weird things. I NEVER wear shoes or jewelry in the house, not even my wedding rings. They are the last things I put on to leave and the first things I take off on return. So this week, I'm just going to force myself to wear a shoe all day, so I can work on getting around in the boot. I want my foot to be up and running for my San Diego trip. And by that, I of course mean the expression, because "no running will actually be involved in the making of this vacation."

I think the next time I'm in a bar and start talking to a big macho guy, I'm going to order a drink, then point at him and say, "And one for the little lady." If he freaks out, I'll just say, "Well you didn't get mad in the dream."

3 comments:

Jammie J. said...

I would love to have a picture of you wrapping your presents like that. The word picture you presented makes it sound hilarious. :)

Phil said...

LOL! I love the dreams. Having a Master's in psychology I do a bit of dream analysis for fun. Your dreams are very, maybe too revealing. You could be in trouble. : )

geewits said...

Wow Phil, I'd like to know more about your dream theories. I thought the fish part was from Jeanette (see comment #1) blogging about her aquarium fish a lot, and I thought the gay cowboy was from reading all the hype for "Brokeback Mountain." Yeah, I don't have a clue about the bar dream.