Friday, December 23, 2005

Ahhhhh. A Shower.



I decided tonight that if I could stand barefoot (barefooted? seems like it should be baredfeet) on a hard surface comfortably, I was going to take a REAL shower. Well, I could and I did, and man was it NICE! My first normal (or standing) shower since November 16th. Woo hoo! It looks like I'm on target for not having to use the wheelchair for the two family gatherings. Fortunately we are talking about modest ranch-style homes here and not some sort of giant mansiony places. I'm still going to use the wheelchair tomorrow to go to SuperTarget. My Sweetie has tomorrow (Friday) off, so I asked if we could go to SuperTarget just so I could experience some semblance of Christmas shopping, even though I would not have done my Christmas shopping at Target. Although, since I did buy all my presents online this year, I did end up getting a toy from Target. Maybe I'll just pick up some Christmas stuff that's on sale.

And we need paper plates. I can't cook without paper plates. I think of them as disposable prep dishes. You know how on cooking shows everything is in those cute little glass dishes? All my prep stuff is on paper plates. I also use them for disposable cutting boards, especially for bacterial foods like bacon and chicken. They are also hot pads for food delivered in hot pie tins. And microwave lids..... Messy spoon rests. Okay this could go on forever. I'll just leave it at: I can't cook without paper plates.

So Friday we are going to have our little outing and probably go out for dinner - Razzoo's sounds good. Saturday, Christmas eve, we are going to My Sweetie's Mom's house at 1:00. Sister-in-Law and family are meeting us there. We will all exchange gifts including MS's grandmother who is "wintering" here. Then MS and I are going to hit the old fancy neighborhoods of Fort Worth to look at Christmas lights. Dinner will be at Mercado Juarez, then home to champagne and one present each and maybe a movie (we just got Harvey from Netflix). Sunday (Christmas) we can be lazy at first. Wake up, open presents, make an interesting brunch..... We don't have to be at my Mom's until 6:00. My daughter will be here around 5:00 to ride with us. I'm looking forward to Mom's brisket. It rocks! And Mom always gets us the greatest gifts. She's always been good at that.

Well that was so dull, I thought I'd end with two of my irrational fears. (I like to assign them random numbers.)

Warning: If you are prone to having irrational fears and are highly suggestible, DO NOT READ!

irrational fear #328 - the exploding shaving cream can. I only use the very small Colgate travel size because I imagine that a regular sized can will get rusted out enough to explode and spray me with trillions of metal shards.

irrational fear #217 - hitting the wire. If I nail anything longer than 3/4" into a wall, I believe I will hit an electrical wire, be thrown violently across the room, and possibly die from my injuries.

I must point out that formerly irrational fear #7 - being a victom of random gunfire, almost happened as I lighlty mentioned in this_post. Yeah, I had to move that one off the irrational list.

Merry Christmas!