Monday, January 02, 2012

Missing The Sparkly

I usually wait until My Sweetie has gone back to work to deChristmas the house, but because of my bad shoulder, I needed help, so we did it on Sunday, New Year's Day. He did all the up in the air stuff as well as the heavy lifting and it went by very quickly. Now my living room seems rather dull.
~
The one bright spot, and I mean that literally, is my friend sent me a glass block full of white Christmas lights and it has Duke stickers on it. So now I have my shiny Duke light to go with my Duke tiffany style lamp from last year. I do miss the colored lights and all the red, green and gold, but it's nice to have it all done. And now it's time to see what 2012 will bring. I'm looking forward to that.

4 comments:

VioletSky said...

This is why I light candles at this time of year. I'm not big on xmas decorations, but I do love the lights. I always feel a little sad when I see all the trees discarded by the curb.

Anonymous said...

I won't be able to take down the tree at the cottage for another couple of weeks when we go back up. I wish it would just take itself down so I wouldn't have to.

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~I'm too paranoid to have candles going. I flit about through the house, but they are nice. And yes, trees on the curb are sad.

Jazz,
~~I'm sort of jealous. Plug it in one more time for me before you take it down.

descuento viaje  said...

Wow,It really great lighting on the Christmas.It really interesting.This one is the good idea.