Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Ready to Party in New Orleans

There is no one thing I love about New Orleans. I love everything about New Orleans. I love the sights, the sounds, the food, the local accents, the attitude. And one of my favorite things about going to New Orleans is that I always stay at a different hotel. Hopefully I will run out of French Quarter hotels eventually, but I haven't gotten there yet.

~

Tomorrow, we will be staying at the Hotel St. Marie. I have booked us a room with a streetside balcony, and that is what you can see in the above picture. I plan to have my morning drink and smoke on one of the tables up there. I love the location of this hotel and I may just break my rule and stay there again this Halloween.

~

My Sweetie has not been to the grand old cemeteries in New Orleans so taking him there is something I am really looking forward to - as well as the music and the food. It's been years since we've gone together. I've been there with two or three other people since our last time. And the weather looks excellent. Highs around 69° and lows around 55°.

~

I'm almost ready to go. It seems like a great way to start this New Year. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. Tell us a bit more about your favorite eating and watering holes. Oh, and of course, I am a fan of cemeteries too.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to your reports.

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage and have a wonderful time. Wish I was kicking off the year in similar fashion.

VioletSky said...

You know how to start off the year with style. And fun.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your cemetery visit. And the food.
Have fun.

geewits said...

Before I respond, let me just say that we found out today that because of two different football things, New Orleans is supposed to be PACKED this weekend. It is what it is. I'm cool with it.


LGS,
~Except for the Old Nawlins Cookery, I never remember the names of the restaurants. Maybe I should take pictures of the signs.

Jazz,
~It will probably be Tuesday, but I'll have lots to say.

Ian,
~But you already live in a vacation destination. I thought of you last week when the prize trip on "Wheel of Fortune" was to Vancouver Island.

VioletSky,
~I'll have fun. And if for some crazy reason we don't make it to the cemetery, I'll do a post with all the pics I have from a few years back. But I hope we make it.

tattytiara said...

That's the one thing I miss about smoking - having one on a balcony. Sigh. Have one for me and enjoy your trip!

descuento viaje  said...

Thanx to share with us this beautiful notes with us.It really interesting.I think this is the best place to stay in vacations.

goatman said...

I heard that New Orleans had really high crimes after the Katrina incident. People out of work, out of housing, and out of luck. . .
But I guess you avoided all of that with your Bourbon St. venue?