Wednesday, January 18, 2012

80/20

Well I found out today what that 80/20 on my insurance card means. It means we pay 20% of the surgeon's fee. 20% of the anesthesiologist's fee. 20% of the fee for the surgical facility, ad nauseum. Oh well. At least I'm getting my arm fixed. My surgery will be on February 3rd. After we get all the bills in the coming months I will add them up and call my arm "The Two Thousand Dollar Arm" or whatever the total figure turns out to be. In the meantime I have a lot of pre-planning to do. I have some good ideas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how efficient. Around here you probably would have had to wait at least six months.

Anonymous said...

How long will you have your arms in a sling after the operation? All the best.

Anonymous said...

Will your arm then be bionic? Just wondering.

VioletSky said...

I would pay the extra 20% to not have to wait months, as Jazz notes. A bionic arm could be very useful...

geewits said...

Jazz and VioletSky,
~~I hope that's not true about the wait. The doctor explained that if I had waited too long, the seperated sheet of muscle would have shrunk and there would not be enough to pull up to reattach to the bone.

LGS,
~~Around 4 weeks.

Ian,
~~No. Just exzpensive.