Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Days Away...

Later this afternoon is my pre-op at the hospital. The surgery is Friday morning. I spend most of my time doing preparedness things for my four weeks with one working arm. I did get a wonderful early Valentine's gift from My Sweetie. It's the gift basket pictured above featuring Covington Strawberry Ale. Yum. I am having my second one as I type.
~
My daughter is coming over Thursday to help me do all my last minute things for the surgery. I really can't wait to get this fixed. I just hope nothing weird happens like I get a flesh eating bacteria or something. Hospitals are creepy places. But my procedure is being done in an outpatient part of the hospital so hopefully everything will go fine. The surgery is supposed to last two hours and then after I wake from the anesthesia, I can come home. I expect to be home by eleven or noon on Friday. I'll probably not post for several days after that, but I expect I will be reading and commenting (with one hand). Wish me luck!

6 comments:

hamilton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VioletSky said...

oops, again. silly me.
anyhoo. best wishes for Friday. God speed. or Good luck, whatever you wish.

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt you'll get through with flying colours...

Whatever happened to flesh eating disease anyway? It was all over the place and now you don't hear about it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a successful operation ans a quick recovery. Will you be blogging with only one arm working?

Anonymous said...

May it all go well for you. Will be thinking of you, Friday.

Lo said...

Makes me want a blueberry ale!!
Glad everything went well and you are home getting better. Just think... a life with two good arms and no pain!!! YAY!!