Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mort The Wonder Dog

I should preface this post by saying that if they lined up every single person in the United States in order of how much they love dogs, and the most avid dog lover were placed at the northernmost tip of Maine and the line wound around down to the southernmost tip of California, I would probably be standing in San Diego.
~
That's why Mort really is a wonder dog because I have fallen madly in love with him. Here's a little movie I made:


Did you notice how when his human starts to talk to him he turns around and gives that tail one last look? I think that's priceless.

Mort is leaving Friday morning to head back to Princeton to continue his studies. Oh wait, that's his human that does that. I have no idea why I fell so in love with this dog, but I sure will miss him. Oh, and:

11 comments:

VioletSky said...

Love the map reference! I would probably be with you in San Diego - but I too have fallen in love with my brother's dog, some sort of little thing like a shitzu.

Lolo said...

He is so well trained! I can see how you fell in love with Mort, he's sooo cute and funny!

Big Brother said...

And a happy New Year to you also.

Carole said...

Happy New Year Geewits!

We said goodbye to the kids...and Mort early-early this morning. The house is very quiet today. Hope you're having a great New Year/Friday!

Anonymous said...

Oh boo - the movie didn't work on my computer. The thing I find about animals is that they're a lot like people - most of them you wouldn't harm, but also have no particular interest or affection for. But once in a while one comes along that really grabs you.

Jazz said...

ohhh he's adorable! And happy new year!

Jocelyn said...

I'm so taken with the idea of dog lovers being lined up from Maine to So Cal. Meet you in San Diego!

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~Isn't that weird how that happens?

Lo,
~~Yes he's a big sweetie pie!

BB,
~~Thanks!

Carole,
~~We had a very good weekend. Do you miss Mort yet?

Xup,
~~That's probably true but most strange people won't bite you.

Jazz,
~~Thanks!

Jocelyn
~~I know some great places in the Gaslamp District.

Carole said...

Gee, yes I do miss Mort. I guess there are "Pavlov's people" too because I quickly got conditioned to having a dog in the house. I dozed on the couch and expected to get nosed by Mort, and every morning (until today) I've expected to see him outside my door.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, Sweetie. But, I have to tell you that I can only think that Max has earned the honorific 'Wonder Dog', but I could be wrong.

geewits said...

Carole,
~~Awwwwww.

Ian,
~~I think if you google "the wonder dog" you'll get Mort. You need to do some posts about Max.