Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Im Old

I keep the radio on all day in my smoking room. I keep it on the cool hip station because I like to keep up with "what the kids are listening to" and I like to dance around in there while I smoke and it's all fun peppy music. I'm not one that pays attention to all the lyrics but I know all the hooks and choruses. There's this one song called "Birthday Sex."



The thing is when I hear this song, I do not think of birthdays or sex on birthdays. I think of filling out forms when you go to a new doctor because on the top right of every page is this:

Date of Birth: ___/___/___ Sex:______

7 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Haha! I think its all in the way you fill up the form. For instance, when you come to "Sex:", instead of putting "male" or "female", put down "yes, please!".

Of course, if you put down "huh?", then you really are in trouble.

ticknart said...

Now I will never be able to hear that chorus again without thinking of paperwork.

Thank you, Geewits, you've made that song fun instead of creepy/weird.

geewits said...

LGS,
~~Unfortunately I have found that the people who work in the doctor's office have zero sense of humor.

Ticknart,
~~If you like that one, I also used to think that the song "Someone call 911! Shorty's fire is burning on the dance floor" was saying "Someone call 911! Shorty found a band-aid on the dance floor." I still sing it that way.

XUP said...

I'm just impressed that you can smoke and dance at the same time

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I must admit, I don't understand a lot of the "today" music....Mostly because I cannot understand what anyone is saying, AND, there are very few TRUE Melody's. So, I know I am OLD! (lol)

geewits said...

Xup,
~~And there's a beer in the other hand.

Naomi,
~~Melodies are always good. I guess because I have more of a dancing background I am more into the rhythm. Would you consider the basic sound of, say, Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" a melody or a rhythm?

Lolo said...

Yo, you've had me singing shorty found a band-aid on the dance floor for a while now! You so silly!