Sunday, April 29, 2007

Finally!

The insurance claims adjustor finally came out today. Our neighbor the roofer also came over. She (the claims adjustor) cleared us for a new roof. That means the wait will probably be a bit longer than if we were just going to get the skylights fixed. I really hate having that skylight covered. I didn't realize how much light we got from it. The other thing is I finally started painting the green (Northern Glen) on my bathroom walls. I did the cutting, or edging or whatever you call it. Most people roll first because that's easier and more gratifying, but I like to edge first, so that when I roll tomorrow, I will have full green walls. On Monday I will do any last touch ups, and if I don't do it on Sunday I will put the mini-blinds back up. I like to open the windows when I shower and I miss that. I've temporarily taped wrapping paper cut to fit on the windows and it's silver wrapping paper that says "wedding" all over, so it's amusing, and lets some light through, but I like to be able to look outside while I shower. I'm not going to sponge until next weekend because when I went to the doctor on Monday he said I have tendonitis in my right shoulder, so I want to give it a few days to recover. I did ice it today after I finished painting. And I'm not going to sponge the inside of the windows. I painted them the sponge color (Irish Paddock) and am going to leave them flat - that's why I can go ahead and put the mini-blinds back up. I hope I like the sponge pattern. I went to two places and wasn't thrilled with the sponges but I finally picked one out. Anyway I'm just glad that some things are finally (FINALLY!) getting done. But there will always be the next project. And yes, there IS a next project. Ack!

14 comments:

Jo said...

(Well, just as long as no one can see in when you shower.) I like lots of light too. My little "tree house" has mostly windows and today I washed them all... phew.

In my last place I had a skylight over my bed. One night as I was lying in bed I heard someone trying to break in through the skylight, so I called the police. They came right over and climbed up onto the roof. One guy came back down and said, "Yup, you've got bandits, all right, and they have little black masks on." There was a family of racoons up there.

Show us some pictures when you're finished the painting.

Josie

geewits said...

You could see in when I shower if you were in my back yard and right at the windows. There are three long narrow windows over the bathtub, which is across from the shower. I just don't expect anyone to be doing that during the day. I close the blinds at night. I have a clear skylight in that bathroom and I was just thinking, when the roofers are here, I probably should use another bathroom. I'll take pictures when I'm finished, I'm trying to figure out where the "before" pictures are.

Anonymous said...

Home repair is just a pain in the ass. I'm flirting with the idea of having two bathrooms remodeled. The thought of a bunch of noisy, butt crack showing contractors in my house is not a good time.

Jo said...

Geewits, I just read Ruben's comments and burst out laughing. Too funny! Love it.

Josie

Gary said...

I've never had tendonitis. I guess I have just been lucky.

I hope you'll post a picture of your painting when you are done.

Jammie J. said...

I wish I had a window in my shower, when I visited Tricia (brighton) last May, she had a window in the shower I used. It was fun to look at her backyard while I got clean. :)

There certainly is ALWAYS a next project. Why is that, I wonder?

geewits said...

Ruben,
I had a bunch of posts in February about the contractor guys in my bathroom (replacing the shower and baseboards). Yeah it's no fun stuff and they DO come very early.

Gary,
You ARE lucky, especially with all the gardening you do. Maybe I just have wimpy tendons.

Jeanette,
The windows are actually across the room from the shower (they are over the bathtub), but I have a clear shower curtain so I can see out. As for the projects, hmmm, maybe we're just never satisfied with the staus quo?

geewits said...

Ha Ha! I just realized I misread Ruben's comment. When he said "butt crack showing contractors", I somehow thought "butt crack showing up contractors" as in "showing up at the butt crack of dawn."

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I'd rather look at their butt cracks than have them come over so early in the morning.

Tai said...

Take care of that shoulder, otherwise there won't be more projects!!

JR's Thumbprints said...

I see the insurance man is moving a wee bit faster than slow.

Anonymous said...

Ok, here's another...We are sitting there watching a live show, drinking yummy drinks, and having to pee really really bad. We left the show before it was over but we didn't care. We had fun while we were there and needed to relieve ourselves. ??

geewits said...

Tai, I discovered these BenGay menthol pads and wear them to bed and it has made a big difference.

JR,
It's a lady and she already gave us a check!

Lolo,
I know this one. It was the impressionist show in Vegas. I saw the "Temptations" which is why I went and I thought their "Marilyn Monroe" sucked. Ha!

Anonymous said...

You got it! Good job girl!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.