Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Big Birthday Weekend

I won't be able to post for several days so I realized I needed to get something up. Tomorrow my daughter is going to drive me for Meals on Wheels and then I am getting my hair done and she is going to do the "Locks of Love" thing there. She has really long, thick beautiful red hair. It's going to be weird to see her with short hair. Thursday is My Sweetie's 40th birthday so we are going to spend two nights in a hotel in downtown Fort Worth to play and party. We'll get back on Saturday and then have to drive to Mansfield for our annual 3-Way Birthday Party. Every year, My Sweetie's, my Brother-in-law's and my birthday are celebrated at one big family event at the BIL's house. He makes a HUGE pot of crab/shrimp boil with sausage, new potatoes and corn on the cob. It's AWESOME!
~
I'm really looking forward to hanging out downtown. We LOVE downtown. That's where we met. My knee isn't 100% recovered form my ice incident in January, but I plan to go dancing Thursday night. We're staying at a different hotel than the one we've stayed at in the past so that will be interesting. I thought it would make his 40th birthday more memorable if we stayed someplace different. I can't wait to tell you what his birthday present is, but he reads my blog. It's really cool. Speaking of cool, after a muggy 83 degree day, it's suposed to drop to the low 60's for the next 3 or 4 days. Nice.
~
And speaking of weather, we had a week of dark dreary stormy weather last week. Then on Saturday, it was bright and sunny and everything was bright and green and lush. Spring has sprung! We took all the plants out of the garage and put them back on the deck. Now I just have to remember to water them. The downside of the whole "spring has sprung" thing is that there seem to be trillions of bugs outside. Trillions.
~
And on bugs, my bite is doing better. It doesn't have the crazy itch. And lets me sleep at night. It's still a red lump about 1/2 inch in diameter, but the "nipple" is gone and I had to apply the cortisone only once today.
~
If you're an "American Idol" fan, wasn't Melinda Doolittle overwhelmingly awesome tonight? WOW. She really blows me away. Plus the music tonight is my favorite style of music: Classic jazz standards. I LOVE that stuff. We also started watching "Dancing With The Stars" this year. It's a fun show. I'm not sure why we never watched it before. Heck, we didn't even watch the first season of "American Idol." Maybe we are late TV Fad bloomers.
~
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and a great weekend. I hope My Sweetie has a fun and memorable 40th birthday. I'm looking forward to the shrimp boil. I always bring the cake. This year the inscription on the cake will be "We Are Old."

6 comments:

Jo said...

Geewits, boy, you covered a lot of territory with this post! Happy birthday to hubby. Have a great time and let us know all about it when yout get back.

Glad to hear all your various wounds are healing :-)

Cheers,
Josie

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Happy Birthday! They are unavoidable so hope you'll at least enjoy them! or at least enjoy the shrimp boil. Enjoy and Peace.

djn said...

I gotta say... The one great thing about Colorado (besides 300+ days of sunshine each year) is the lack of bugs. We just don't have that many. When I lived in Virginia there were bugs everywhere. And they went up your nose, in your eyes -- I swear, you could barely see a baseball game with all the bugs in your face... I don't miss that.

Anyhow, many good wishes for the birthdays! Have fun!

Gary said...

I have never Visited Fort Worth. Actually, I drove through there many years ago, but I don't think that counts.

I hope a happy birthday was had by all.

Dan said...

A belated Happy Easter to you Geewits!

Tai said...

Happy celebrations!!