Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm 46!

I had a fun birthday. I had phone calls that were expected and not expected. It started out as a lazy day. My Sweetie brought my lunch, which was nice because he never comes home for lunch. Then I watched my soap and took a couch nap. After that it was pretty much phone stuff. I think I talked to my Mom for almost an hour. I also had a great chat with my best friend. The weirdest one was a call from my brother. I don't really care for him and am waiting for a HUGE apology, so I was very surprised when he called. I talked to him for a long time because I was dreading the saying goodbye part and was afraid he would say, "I love you." And no way could I say it back. So finally I said, "Well thanks for calling, that was sweet!" and I hung up. I couldn't even say that my daughter was here because she dislikes him more than I do and I was afraid he would ask to speak to her. The good part of the conversation - because I am all about good parts - is that i found out some neat stuff about my 11-year-old nephew.
~
My Sweetie, my daughter, and I went to Mercado Juarez. They have the best salsa in the universe. After dinner we went downtown for the Main Street arts festival. I thought it would be okay at night but I was wrong. There were hordes of people and people with kids and strollers and it was after 9:00. WTF?!? Who has children out after 9:00 at a street festival? I finally forced myself to relax and we found a good spot to hang out near a great jazz/pop band. I was a little disappointed that a lot of the arts vendors were shut down when we got there. I guess it IS a long day for them. I was going to get myself something to be from my Mom because she sent me money. Oh well.
~
My daughter needed to use the bathroom, so I said, "Let's go in the Marriott." It was the hotel we stayed in for My Sweetie's birthday two weeks ago, and I knew where a public bathroom was. It was fun being back in there. She was nervous at first and I said, "just act like you belong."
~
We went to the Flying Saucer after that. We didn't stay long and headed home to drop off Kate. Then My Sweetie and I went to our neighborhood bar to play the NTN trivia game. It was very frustrating because the questions were awful and it was my birthday. I never did win, but I broke 10,000 - which is always my goal for that game. The good part is we took lots of pictures along the way. I hope some of them are good.
~
So now I'm 46.

8 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

And a very happy #46 to you, my friend. May you wear it well, and many many, many more come to you.

Ian

Jo said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Geewits,
Happy Birthday to you.

....and many more....!

Cheers,
Josie

(It sounds as if you had a good time.)

geewits said...

Ian,
Thanks, although I don't want to have too many more. I'm more of a quality over quantity type of person when it comes down to life and death.

Josie,
Thanks for the "song." I did have fun! I also got some nice gifts.

david santos said...

22 de abril, día de la tierra. Quién no la respeta, no respeta la humanidad.
22 of April, day of the land. Who does not respect it, does not respect the humanity.

22 d'avril, jour de la terre. Qui ne la respecte pas, ne respecte pas l'humanité.
22 نيسان يوم الارض. فمن لا يحترم ومن لا يحترم الانسانيه.
22 von April, Tag des Landes. Wer es nicht respektiert, respektiert nicht die Menschlichkeit
22日,一天的土地. 谁不尊重,不尊重人性. 4月の22、土地の日。
4月の22、土地の日。 それを尊重しないかだれが、人間性を尊重しない。
22 апреля - День земли. Кто не уважает его, не уважать человечество.
22 de Abril, dia da terra, quem não a respeita, não respeita a humanidade
22 της ημέραης Απριλίου, του εδάφους, που δεν το σέβονται, δεν σέβονται το Ανθρωπότητα
David Santos

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Selamat Hari Jadi. That is how we wish someone happy birthday.

"Peace on the day that you became." That's the literal translation.

Happy Day that You became You 46 years ago.

Gary said...

happy B-day.

You are right about nice hotels. They may look a bit intimidating, but the last thing they would ever do is intimidate someone who might be a customer or be visiting a customer.

JR's Thumbprints said...

As we get older we get wiser. After doing the math, I figured you're three years wiser than I. Hope your first official day at 46 went smoothly.

geewits said...

LGS,
I like that! Thanks.

Gary,
True that!

JR,
I've read your blog. I doubt that I am wiser. Hmmm, just maybe about some things. :)