Friday, April 27, 2007

The Blogger Kinship

Tonight I found out in the most horrific way what my fellow bloggers mean to me. Magazine Man, who I've been reading for almost two years has suffered a terrible blow. Both of his parents were killed in an awful car accident on the way to see their new grandaughter, who was born last Saturday. They were also to take part in their older grandson's first communion and their granddaughter's 6th birthday. The accident was so bad it was on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/26/indiana.tollroad.ap/index.html I was so floored when I read his post, I cried uncontrollably. He has told so many great stories about his childhood and family that I felt like I had lost people that I knew. Please send your warmest thoughts, prayers or whatever your spiritual inclinations deem appropriate to this man and his family.
~
Rest in Peace Doug and Mary.

4 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

Prayers have been given. How utterly awful, and how perverse life can be sometimes. Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Ian

Jo said...

Oh, Geewits, that's terrible. He and his family will be going through absolute hell in the next few weeks and months.

I hope you're feeling a bit better. It can be an awful shock, can't it?

Josie

geewits said...

Thanks guys for leaving such nice comments on his blog. He's a very good story teller and plain old good person. He does an annual "Crap Giveaway," where he sends you something neat for doing a good deed. I got an Industrial Light and Magic (George Lucas's company) crew T-shirt last year for cleaning the bedroom of one of my MOW ladies. I'm hoping that having the new baby will speed his recovery from this tragic event.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

So sorry to hear about this tragedy. I said a prayer for him and his family. You are a good friend to have.