Monday, November 27, 2006

Sense and Sensibility

I guess everyone has heard the story about the woman being fined by her homeowners' association for having a peace sign wreath. The story is here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061127/ap_on_re_us/anti_peace_sign

I don't go overboard with my outdoor decorations but I have a few pieces and they are all candy canes. So will I be attacked by my neighbors in their valiant effort to combat childhood obesity? What about the ADA? I'm sure they would not approve.

I love how the logic of her neighborhood is basically "If we take away all freedoms, everyone will be happy." People seem to be losing every bit of the common sense they were born with.

2 comments:

Gary said...

I understand why homeowners associations have regulations, but I think sometimes they really go overboard. Like telling people exactly what plants they can and cannot have in their yard.

I'll be surprised if they get you for having candy canes, though. I don't think it has gotten that bad yet. :)

Ian Lidster said...

Hear-hear, my friend. Unfortunately, loss of freedom makes some people feel safe. The Nazis understood that well.
Otherwise, my charming and bright friend, thank you for all your great comments while I was away. I valued them.
Cheers,
Ian