Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Superpower

In lots of blogs and memes people are asked "What superpower would you choose?" Most people say things like:
The ability to fly
The ability to become invisible
The ability to read minds

A couple of weeks ago I realized which superpower I would choose: Impervious Teeth

Yes, I would be Impervious Teeth Girl. Maybe I could be called SuperTooth. Can you imagine what a lovely life one would have with impervious teeth? No dentists ever. And maybe you couldn't save the planet, but you could do a lot with impervious teeth. You would never need a knife. In a worst case scenario I suppose you could bite a bad guy's arm off. Actually with impervious teeth, you could grab their gun and chew it up. I'm unsure on the mechanics, though. Would chewing through a bullet with impervious teeth cause it to explode? That wouldn't be good for the rest of my head, although it wouldn't harm my teeth.

I don't understand why human teeth are so pathetically fragile. I love God as much as the next guy, but let's face it, when it comes to teeth, we were pretty much cheated. There's not another part of our body that we have to work so hard just to maintain. I mean if you ignored your left hand for 10 years, the worst outcome would be grotesque fingernails. Ignore your teeth for ten years? I'm not a dentist but I imagine the outcome would be VERY bad.

So that's my secret wish: To have impervious teeth. Maybe in 100 years someone will make that a possibility for everyone.

4 comments:

Tai said...

I'd rather like a liver like that.

:)

Gary said...

Thanks for your post. I would leave a longer comment, but I have to go clip my fingernails. They are getting grotesque. :)

Jammie J. said...

I wonder if Superman ever has to go to the dentist. Except for that green crypton thing, I wouldn't mind being SuperWoman -- self healing would be awesome.

Jo said...

My superpower would be to travel in time. Backwards, forwards, I would love to see the past and also the future.

Oh, and to have perfect teeth. My daughter has perfect teeth. They're amazing.

Cheers,
Josie