Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Latest Spoonerisms

These are just the ones I remember (I'm sure there have been more):

As we were getting ready to watch the third game of the World Series, I said, "Oh! Now that they are playing in St. Louis, does the mean we get to see the pitter's batch?"

My Sweetie was thinking about going to Barnes & Noble. He asked if there were any particular book I wanted. I said, "You already asked me that last week, and I told you to get it for me for Christmas." Of course, he had no idea what I was talking about so I was a little irritated and I said, "I told you I wanted a book on North Mysology!" After I said that I wondered if mysology was actually a word. It's not but this is:

mi·sol·o·gy
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek misologia, from misein + -logia -logy: a hatred of argument, reasoning, or enlightenment

Yeah, I don't need a book about THAT. This last spoonerism happened tonight. It came out kind of gross. Rufus the crazy cat was going berserk over something but I couldn't see what he had. I asked My Sweetie, "What is he going so nuts over?" MS said, "It's a twist tie." I said, "Well I guess that's okay as long as he doesn't poke a tongue in his hole."

Oh and next time I am arguing (debating?) with someone who seems particularly dense, I'm going to sweetly say, "Wow! You're quite the misologist!"

3 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

What fun, especially after you shattered me about Neil Patrick Harris's lifestyle -- not that there's anything wrong with it -- but I love your spoonerism stuff. Dr. Spooner himself once said to a class that "Too many people have been hissing my mystery lessons!" Hope you are feeling better, by the way.

Tai said...

"hissing my mystery lessons"

Huzzah Dr. Spooner!

But I guess it's okay as long as you don't poke a tongue in your hole.
Ummmm...that's not quite what I meant.

:)

Jo said...

I can't comment. I'm laughing too hard at Tai's comment....

Great post.