Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Halloween on Bourbon Street

Lo's Mom sent me a Toto basket which was really sweet, but I did not take him out on the street with me. We had a great time! My feet are so sore from walking non-stop over 3 days that I sat on the couch all day at home on Tuesday and it was wonderful.
I also discovered what it must be like to be a Big Movie Star/Celebrity because about 500 people took photos of us. One time people were lined up with cameras and it was hard to know where to look. It was crazy fun. People also threw us lots of beads, but I kept mine in the pocket of my shorts (under the dress). I wore a few at first, but decided it was a little unDorothy-like.
~
(I'll have more stories later, but I haven't even downloaded my photos yet. These are from Lo's camera.)
Also, the weather was even better than predicted, so that was a double bonus. And I had lots of delicious cajun food. I certainly want to do this again next year, but I wll have to pick a costume with comfortable shoes. I think I'll be the flying monkey.

10 comments:

Lolo said...

Thank goodness for my great luck on Monday that I got my camera out of the sewer drain and we have these killer pictures!

I had soooo much fun with you girl, you ROCK!!!!

ticknart said...

Great costumes!

Glad that much fun was had and hope that all the picture taking made for more fun, too.

VioletSky said...

I can see why people would want to photograph what look like the real Glinda and Dorothy!!

Jazz said...

Grat costumes!! You make a wonderful Dorothy and Lo makes a great Glinda!

Carole said...

Wonderful costumes for you both! I can see why you were the hit of Halloween in New Orleans. I knew you'd have a blast and am so glad you did!

The best trick-or-treater in our neighborhood was a teenager who had long swamp moss hung ALL over himself and face painted to match. He was such a good swamp monster!

geewits said...

Lo,
~~It was a kickass trip. The camera in the sewer will be a whole post on its own.

Tick,
~~Great to hear from you Dude! It was quite the party.

VioletSky,
~~I have a picture with the two of us and another Glinda and Dorothy. You will love it.

Jazz,
~~Thanks! I can't wait to get to more pics.

Carole,
~~Thanks! My Sweetie said some teenage boys were all "Cool, dude." about that skull on our door and he said Kate's old friend from high school came with her cute kids but had little else to say. I will ask him about Swamp Dude.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun, Dorothy. I bet you didn't want to go back to Kansas at all.

XUP said...

You guys are so adorable! And how cool to be hounded by papparazzi!!

geewits said...

Ian,
~~So true!

Xup,
~~Thanks, but they were all just regular people. Well, sort of regular.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very Very Cute! It really sounds like it was a great Halloween...!

You might want to check out my Halloween posts---lots of picturesof himes in Beverly Hills, AND, three posts on oor "Boo" Halloween Lunch! Fun costumes here, too!