Monday, November 24, 2008

Cold Giant Lizards

(These screen captures came out pretty small so you will need to click on them if you want to see them larger or as in my case, be able to read them.)
This is the forecast for my trip to North Carolina. Mom seems to think I am going to freeze to death in the tiny cabin and has wrangled extra blankets from my aunt that lives in Wilmington. Yeah 31° is cold, but I am very hot natured. Mom is cold natured so I guess she is thinking I will be as cold as she would be. I will not. I'm not even taking a coat. I have a few sweaters and sweatshirts and some little tops to wear under them and that's all I need. I've always been jealous of women with artfully layered tops because the very thought of wearing two tops at once makes me sweat. I had meant to go shopping for some new winter tops but never got around to it so I will be wearing my same ol' old stuff. I hate shopping. I will have access to a washer and dryer so I will do my usual thing of taking about 3 outfits and washing and wearing them again. That's me, the ol' wash and wear.
~
Speaking of screen captures, (what? No?) have you ever been scrolling down a page and ran different parts of sentences together in your brain? I did that with this page:

I thought I had read "Dinosaur tracks found on Mars."

9 comments:

VioletSky said...

Glad to meet another light packer!

And I don't see any rain or snow in those weather icons...so looks darn close to perfect to me.

geewits said...

VioletSky,
~~Another light packer? Do you get that special thrill at the end of your trip when you realize that you did not bring one single extraneous item? I do. I'm even disappointed if there is just one shirt or pair of socks I did not need. Weird huh?

VioletSky said...

We are of like mind.
You should have heard me when I realized how much extra room I had when I was returning from England - the things I could have bought and didn't...

Scarlet said...

I would be one of those folks that would FREEZE at 31 degrees...inside a tiny cabin. It sounds like perfect weather for you though. I hope you enjoy your trip to the fullest!

Btw, I think we're one of the few women who don't enjoy shopping. I HATE it! I want the clothes to come to me! I'd shop more online if I knew everything would fit right.

Cycling Goddess said...

31 is not bad! I'd take that! As for light packing, I'm also like that. You should see what I brought with me for my 2 weeks trip to France. My suitcase was small enough to be taken on the plane and yet, I used all of my stuff in there.

The trick with layers is to have them thin enough so you really don't feel heavy wearing them.

Enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

I'm an unlight packer. I like to bring everything I own that I like because I hate wearing something I'm not in the mood for, it makes me depressed and I don't like to be depressed when I'm on holiday. But I'm an excellent packer and manage to squeeze a lot of stuff in my bag. Does that count?

Jammie J. said...

I envy you your warmness. Sounds like you and my Sweetie have that in common. :)

We do have the scrolling sentence thing in common though, I always have to remind myself to slow down when reading web sites because I'm forever reading things in a vertical fashion instead of a horizontal manner.

Carole said...

"Dinosaur tracks found on Mars." Hahaha! I do that all the time!

Sounds like the weather will be a little cooler than here, but perfect for Thanksgiving! I think you're going to have a blast! I'll talk to you soon. Go DUKE!! See ya in awhile crocodile.

Jazz said...

Freezing point as a minimum temperature seems pretty good to me. Highs in the 60s seems positively balmy these days.

As for the dinosaurs on Mars thing, I do that all the time.