Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stoopid Moosings

There's this place in my garage where the paint or wallboard paper has peeled or flaked off and I always thought it looked like Thomas Jefferson's profile so I got some markers and added some stuff.

Maybe I should glue some cotton balls up there to look like a white wig. No? Too much?

~
Why is it when we sit on a very cold spot we think our pants are wet? How are wet and cold confused by our butt molecules?
~
My Sweetie is out of town until late Wednesday night and after I showered tonight, I put some velcro curlers in my hair. Why? No one is going to see me.
~
Why is it we have so many body parts that we don't even know the names of? I've been fondling my tragus for years but didn't know it had a name.
~
I've been watching that summer reality show "Greatest American Dog" and when the judges berated that girl for putting clothes on her dog I think I stood up and clapped.
~
Speaking of that show, when they flashed their motto/tagline thing: "In Dog We Trust," My Sweetie said, "All others pay cats." I thought that was hilarious.

11 comments:

Jazz said...

I've been fondling my tragus for years but didn't know it had a name.

That sounded so positively obscene I had to look it up. How disappointing.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~You haven't seen me fondle it.

Carole said...

Wow! Thomas Jefferson is hilarious!

And speaking about being confused by our butt molecules...those aren't the only molecules that confuse me. Riddle me this Catwoman...if I put my hand on my stomach (it could just as well be my leg), and I feel both warm and cool, I can't tell whether my hand is cool and my stomach is warm, or whether my hand is warm and my stomach is cool? And that goes for any other parts of my body that can go together. Whereas if I touch something else...say my husband's forehead, and it feels warm, then I know his head is warm and my hand is cool. The confusion only comes when it's me on me. How weird is that?

I enjoyed staying up late visiting with you last night. I went out and looked at the moon before I went to bed and it sure was big and bright!

Big Brother said...

Why is it when we sit on a very cold spot we think our pants are wet? How are wet and cold confused by our butt molecules?
Obviously cuz when you pee your pants, the urine evaporates giving a humid cold sensation as the evaporation goes on... therefore when you sit on a cold spot your brain thinks you peed your pants...;o)

Anonymous said...

Okay, is there anything known to man or beast that isn’t the subject of a reality show? Except maybe the aforementioned cold/wet pee pants?

Scarlet said...

Your Sweetie sounds like the perfect match for you! I love your portrait of Thomas Jefferson! You should come to my next figure drawing class so you can scratch out the rest of him. ;)

geewits said...

Carole,
~~That one has me stumped. I don't have that problem. My hands are always hot unless I was handling ice or frozen food, then if I touch myself I actually yelp. Thanks for "keeping me company" last night. That was fun.

Big Brother,
~~Thank you Mr. Science. But I had just sat the frozen things there. My brain knew it was a cold spot and yet...

xup,
~~~Sshhh. Don't send out ideas for the new show "Wet, Cold or Stupid?"

geewits said...

Scarlet,
~~~My human "drawings" are limited to cartoons, although I am quite good at Pictionary.

Cycling Goddess said...

LOL all other pay cats... I don't pay mine! well maybe I do :) As for people dressing up their dogs, I have just a few words to say GET A DOLL!!!

Great post, made me smile. I'll have to check what's a tragus too.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Why does Thomas Jefferson always seem to appear when boredom sets in?

geewits said...

Urban,
~~Well there's always been a goofy sign in some shops that says, "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash." So it was a take off on that in case you hadn't heard it.

JR,
~~And why Thomas Jefferson on my wall? Everyone else gets the Virgin Mary.