Sunday, July 27, 2008

Blech!



I am really not having fun right now. Lately, I have been really appreciating how very easy my life has been until recently. While this year will never rank anywhere close to 1980 in it's bad yearness, it has not been one of my favorites, for sure. I wish I could post about the one very bad thing, but I can not. It's not anything to do with My Sweetie and me, we are great, but it involves someone else in my family and it is very sad. I hope in a few months that I am in my happy place again, because that's who I am and what I am about. Until then, I will muddle through and try to keep my spirits up. I'm glad I have your blogs to read because they usually cheer me up or at least get my mind off of my own troubles. I wish I were back in the beach cottage. Oh well, next year....

12 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Bah! I'm sorry you have the one very bad thing you can't talk about. Sometimes muddling through is all you can do, so just be the best muddler you can be.

(hugs)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Well, even the Queen of England had her "annus horibilis" or horrible year. There's still another few months. Hope it gets better.

Cycling Goddess said...

Welcome to my club! I've also had a terrible year, well, since April but still, it feels like it's been a year lol I look forward to seeing you in your happy place again.

Scarlet said...

I also have one thing in the back of my mind that brings me down at times, but I've learned to compartmentalize...and blogging really helps. I hear you. ;)

(Hugs)

geewits said...

Jammie,
~~Thanks for lending me your ear last night. I hope I didn't keep you up too late.

LGS,
~~Thanks, I was gonna say, well it can't... but then I realized I'd be jinxing myself.

Urban,
~~No kidding, it's like we have been on very similar paths!

Scarlet,
~~Thanks. Yeah, you would really hate this one. It's not good.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

My head game: I fast forward to my 90th birthday, and pretend to review my life. "THAT year [that my husband left me]..." was sure a sucky year, but the rest were pretty ok.

So much to endure in a life time. Hang in there, and hope your next years are back on track!

Jazz said...

Just hang on, you're past the halfway point now. We all get those. You'll make it.

Anonymous said...

Bad years only make us appreciate the good years more! At least there have only been 2 for you so far. That’s not bad in the general scheme of things – and hopefully the bad cycle is almost over.

geewits said...

gnightgirl,
~~I like that. Yes, 1980 set such a standard, this year may end up not being remembered in such a poor light.

jazz,
~~I keep thinking it will get better, but...

xup,
~~I hope so, but there was a new stressor thrown into the mix just today. Aaargh!

Ian Lidster said...

Hang in there, friend. I reiterate what Jazz said.

geewits said...

Thanks, Ian

VioletSky said...

Making blogfriends does help, doesn't it? Strange that, sometimes you get more from them than 'real' friends', but I for one am glad of the support.

I'm with Jammie - just muddle as best you can.