Monday, March 28, 2011

My Brain is on Fire!

Okay, not like the guy in Limitless, but I had a great run on "Jeopardy!" As I've explained before, our goal is to know an answer that none of the contestants know. We watched a TON of "Jeopardy!" over the weekend because they were backed up on the DVR because we had been watching all the basketball. I don't remember all of mine, but two of them were "What was Prizzi's Honor" and "Who is Rod Stewart?" I had a pretty good run.


I also invented a new word today: Slackadaisical. Maybe it's redundant if someone is a lackadaisical slacker, but I thought it was funny. And the way it played in my head was, "Who knows if he'll even go to college? He's pretty slackadaisical like most of us." And by "most of us" I was referring to a certain branch of the family. But at least some of us are good at game shows and making up words.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to have a 'Jeopardy-off' with you. I play pretty much the same game with myself. I especially like it when a question on US history or politics isn't answered by American contestants correctly and I, as a Canadian, get the right answer.

geewits said...

Ian,
~~It sounds like my husband would be a better match for you. He usually gets those right. Me, not so much.

Anonymous said...

"Prizzi's Honor"? Draws a blank here. I am currently enjoying how dumb some people can be on "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" I can get most of the answers but I am clueless on most questions related to U.S. Presidents, Constitution or Senate.

geewits said...

LGS,
~~It was a great movie with Jack Nicholson. It introduced the U.S. to the term "black comedy." Now those are very common.