Monday, December 13, 2010

Not Going To....

That picture is unrelated to this post, but I thought it was fun and goofy. We've had spotty at best internet service for over 10 days and I'm tired and I'm not going to take it anymore. I bet I've spent an entire workday's worth of hours on the phone with our stupid cable internet provider. It's almost embarassing that it took me this long to realize two things: 1) They obviously do not give a frick about my business and 2) I don't need this crap.
~
After wasting another almost hour on the phone today, when she put me on hold for the 5th time, I hung up. I ate my lunch. I called another internet provider and ordered service. It will be installed on Monday. I absolutely CAN'T WAIT to call and cancel my current "service" next Monday. Unfortunately since I have to wait until Monday, I will continue my daily calls going through the whole frikking rigamarole to get to a person to loudly and flatly state: You need to credit my account for today. I refuse to pay for something I am not getting. I'm tired of doing it, but I will do it every day until I cancel. Because I'm not paying. I hate them. I don't need this crap.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go girl! I'm right behind you on this. Give 'em 'ell!

Only, will the new service provider be any better?

Anonymous said...

yay you! I'm dealing with getting some money back for a refund right now. I don't want to give up, but I'm sick of fighting. so much for "customer service".

Anonymous said...

You go girl. You're right, why should you put up with this crap. Hope the next provider is better.

-Jazz

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I feel for you---I TRULY do! Everything is like this now...EVERYTHING! Nobody gives a crap about anything and it's because these Company's are too big...There is no more "personal" service from anyone anywhere!!!!
I hope you give them "what for"!!! And good riddence, I say!

Maddy said...

Crappy internet service is enough to drive me completely batty. I don't think I ever realized how reliant / addicted I was until it broke down. Glad to hear that a solution is only a few days away.

geewits said...

LGS,
~~What? Are you trying to jinx me?

Cab,
~~I feel ya. And good luck with that refund!

Jazz,
~~Thanks, I sure hope so! It's gotta be.

Naomi,
~~Well you do have your cake guy and flowers guy. They are good and reliable.

Maddy,
~~Add to that my husband is in school and has to take tests online and do group projects with people. And paying bills. Sheeesh!

Big Brother said...

Way to go, that’s the best way to do it, vote with your wallet. Money’s all they understand. :o)

VioletSky said...

Good thing there is still some competition out there.