Tuesday, January 02, 2007

San Diego, I Hear Ya Calling



This is a picture of a room at the Gaslamp Plaza Suites - from their website - and I would swear it's the exact room we stayed in last year. Seriously, if I had leaned my butt on the minifridge, I could have taken that exact picture. I have a feeling we will be in the same room on Saturday. It's not a giant hotel and has several floor plans, but we've been guaranteed a top floor room facing south and I don't think there are that many up there -and some of them are privately owned. Anyway, I was looking at their floor plans here: http://www.gaslampplaza.com/floorplan.html and I sure hope we don't get a room with the bottom left floor plan because I won't be able to figure out how to get into the bathroom.

Last year we pretty much took it easy because of my healing broken foot. It's all here. This year I want to take the ferry to Coronado Island. The ferry dock (is that correct? ferry dock? It sounds like a character from Lord of The Rings) is only one mile from our hotel. I haven't been to the Hotel Del in over 12 years. I don't even remember what year I went. What I mostly remember was The Hotel Del Coronado had a bunny problem. There were bunnies everywhere. You had to "help" them out of the hotel sometimes. I love bunnies. I hope they are all still there.

So far, the long term weather predictions for San Diego are 66 - 70 degrees/day and 46 - 50 degrees/night. That sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to splashing through the bay on the ferry on a fine sunny 68* day on my way to see some bunnies. That's my plan for this Sunday. I would have added more but I was dizzy from stringing all those prepositional phrases together. And now I'm going to visit my own bathroom, because I know where the door is.

5 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

I am utterly green with envy about San Diego. What a joy. And the ferry to Coronado is a great idea. Did you know (and you probably did, in-tune person that you are) that 'Some Like it Hot' was filmed there?
Anyway, your place looks great and just wishing you both a fine getaway and a great 2007. I'll write you later re the Pears Soap.
Good wishies,
Ian

Dan said...

San Diego sounds like fun! Are you going to the zoo at all?

And don't leave your heart there. Oh wait ... that's San Francisco, isn't it? :)

geewits said...

Ian,
I knew about "Some Like it Hot." When I stayed there many years ago, they had a special channel that just runs the movies filmed there.

Dan,
I'm not going to do the zoo. It's a little bit too touristy for me and we have a fine zoo here (the Fort Worth Zoo, not the Dallas one). Besides, they probably don't sell beer at the zoo!

Gary said...

I really want to see the gaslight district. It sounds like it is a very charming place.

By the way, it may be called a dock, but I have also heard it called a landing.

Have fun.

Jammie J. said...

Oh... you're coming my way! Yay! I feel better already knowing you're probably here. :) I hope you enjoy your stay in California. :)