Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Going to the Beach. . .

I'm really looking forward to my beach trip and I think Mom is just excited as I am. She called today and we went over important details like does she have a large ice chest? Check. Does she have a small ice chest? Check. I told her I was bringing a bunch of movies and her reply was a less than enthusiastic "Oh, okay." I know she probably could, but I can't converse all day long for several days in a row. And they don't have cable. Besides, I think watching movies with someone is a good basic way to create a shared experience. I guess we'll see how that goes when I get there. She really is more of a walk around person and I'm more of a sit around person, so I guess I'm just going to do a little more moving around - which is what I would do if I were in Vegas or New Orleans or wherever. Well except Hawaii. Hawaii was a lot of very pleasant balcony sitting around. But I digress. The trip is almost just a week and a half away, and I'm pretty excited. They've had their trees and bushes put in and she can't wait for me to see them.

Biopsy Results? The phone rang this afternoon: "Hi, I'm Nurse Confusing. Your lab results came back negative. We need to make an appointment so you can discuss treatment options." I said, "Treatment for what? Didn't you say negative? Doesn't negative mean I DON'T have cancer?" I could hear her shuffling papers and she confirmed the tests were negative, but she wanted me to make an appointment. So, I'm pretty sure I don't have cancer. I thought the whole thing was pretty weird. My appointment is not until the middle of August, so I will tell the doctor about her phone manner.

1 comment:

Jammie J. said...

Huh, yeah, that's weird. Like why is she so hot to get you into the office if the tests are negative.