Monday, April 03, 2006

NCAA Wrap Up

So another season of college basketball is over and Florida won the title. Now I have to wait almost 8 months to see my next Duke game. During that time Coach K will be working his magic on the recruits and improving the play of the guys we have.

I don't feel TOO bad about my bracket play. I finished 18th of 41 (while My Sweetie finished 38th). At least I was in the top half. Brackets are funny. The only person to pick Florida to win came in 4th. The winner had Villanova to win and I think they lost back in January. I actually had Florida IN the final game, but they were supposed to lose to Duke.

J.J. Redick DID win the Naismith player of the year award. That is something to be proud of, and I'm sure his and Shelden Williams's jerseys (numbers?) will be retired. That championship sure would have been a nice capper for them both. And for me.

Oh well, I still have all my other Duke NCAA Championship memories. And the Duke women are playing for the title! ....And there's always next year.

No comments: