Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Slow and Steady

Yesterday went pretty well. I had finished what I wanted to do by 3:00 am. Then I had to shower and ended up staying up until 6:00 am. I woke up at 12:30 ready to go. Today did not go perfectly. The texturing is very labor intensive. After I did that first tiny patch, pictured above, I had a cramp in my left arm and my left thumb was numb. I had some sort of death grip on my mud box.
~
Once I figured that out, it went better. I am slightly over halfway done with the texture and have pretty much run out, so when I go tomorrow to buy the toilet, I will get another bucket of texture. It doesn't put me behind schedule because I planned to paint on Wednesday.
~
My son-in-law came over and we took out the old toilet. He'll be back this evening to help me bring the new toilet in. My daughter just changed her work schedule to fit with her schooling, so I will be having dinner tonight with my son-in-law. That should be interesting.
~
So it's almost 6:00 am again and every single part of me is sore except for my eyeballs and earlobes. I bet I will sleep like a rock. I should go check that out.

4 comments:

Jazz said...

I had finished what I wanted to do by 3:00 am

I wish I could live on your schedule.

VioletSky said...

are you still sleeping...?

Anonymous said...

It sounds an awful lot like work, but I admire your fortitude.

geewits said...

Jazz,
~~Be careful what you wish for.

V,
~~I love your sense of humor (humour?). I laughed and laughed when I first read this. Thanks for that!

Ian,
~~Oh, it was. It was.